House Price Crash Forum

Chester Le Street

Quokka

HOLA441

After reading the Hexham thread thought I should post these two top of the range properties with a bit of land both sold recently. As those on the Hexham thread have found the best properties are moving. Rickleton stands out in the CLS area as still maintaining a healthy sales volume.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...ncludeSSTC%3Don

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...ncludeSSTC%3Don

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA444

Too good to sell?

Just realised none of these (eight) townhouses have sold. Way overpriced at 250k - the last sale on the road was almost 18 months ago (the peak) for a semi at 203k.

Best Townhouse

Winner

DARE (Northern), Axwell Gardens, Axwell Park, Blaydon, Gateshead

Runners up

Charles Church, The Windsor, Windsor Park, Park View, Alnwick

McCarrick Homes, Park Road South, Chester-le-Street, County Durham

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/homemak...-name_page.html

Edited by Quokka

HOLA445
Just realised none of these (eight) townhouses have sold. Way overpriced at 250k - the last sale on the road was almost 18 months ago (the peak) for a semi at 203k.

10 months on RM without a sniff - What to do? - drop the price? - No, lets try this :lol:

date event

Saturday, 21 February 2009 7:22:03 AM

* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing, New home' to 'New home, Premium Listing'

Saturday, 21 February 2009 6:57:48 AM

* Status changed: from 'New home, Premium Listing' to 'Premium Listing, New home'

Wednesday, 18 February 2009 11:52:00 PM

* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing, New home' to 'New home, Premium Listing'

Wednesday, 18 February 2009 10:53:06 PM

* Status changed: from 'New home' to 'Premium Listing, New home'

HOLA446
Too good to sell?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/homemak...-name_page.html

Drove past them today on the way to a garden centre not far from Penshaw Monument. Some are definately occupied (although that may be the developer) and a couple are definately sold.

Just looking at them the gardens must be tiny. I would not live on that main road for the money they are demanding.

HOLA447
Drove past them today on the way to a garden centre not far from Penshaw Monument. Some are definately occupied (although that may be the developer) and a couple are definately sold.

Just looking at them the gardens must be tiny. I would not live on that main road for the money they are demanding.

just checked again - last sale showing as 2007

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=Park+...Street&n=10

May be recent sales or rented?

HOLA448
just checked again - last sale showing as 2007

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=Park+...Street&n=10

May be recent sales or rented?

I think they are really recent or a ruse to lull in the gullible. It was definately one, possibly two and they were not in the window a fortnight before. Mind you who would want to live on that main road especially when, at the moment, some little shit is firing ballbearings at cars on the traffic island just up the road.

HOLA449
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410

Young collegue at work looking to buy first home with £40,000 deposit of father. A number of repos have been appearing lately with 2002 askng prices, but they're bid up and sold almost straight away each time. Whether these are owner occupiers or investors hoovering up the lower priced property I do not know.

Edited by Turnbull2000

HOLA4411
Young collegue at work looking to buy first home with £40,000 deposit of father. A number of repos have been appearing lately with 2002 askng prices, but they're bid up and sold almost straight away each time. Whether these are owner occupiers or investors hoovering up the lower priced property I do not know.

Have the repos been auctioned?

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4412

A couple of sold boards have gone up by me recently after about 15 months of inactivity.

Slightly concerning. I have a house bought with a mortgage with about 5 years to go and I love the area. I just think the way prices have been in the last few years have been insane.

HOLA4413
A couple of sold boards have gone up by me recently after about 15 months of inactivity.

Slightly concerning. I have a house bought with a mortgage with about 5 years to go and I love the area. I just think the way prices have been in the last few years have been insane.

Where is that?

Not sure why you're concerned.

HOLA4414
Where is that?

Not sure why you're concerned.

Garden Farm Estate, Millenium Green and its evirons.

I am concerned that this ludicrous bubble is going to start all over again as there is no reason to underpin it and I would rather not live in an area that ends up with numerous repo's in a couple of years time especially when interest rates start to ramp up to fight inflation.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Garden Farm Estate, Millenium Green and its evirons.

I am concerned that this ludicrous bubble is going to start all over again as there is no reason to underpin it and I would rather not live in an area that ends up with numerous repo's in a couple of years time especially when interest rates start to ramp up to fight inflation.

If that happens it will happen everywhere. I can't see things turning any time soon. Most sales seem to be at first time buyer end of market and most have been well reduced.

RM is showing more sales lately (spring bounce?) although a lot fall through, this one just this week:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...n%26index%3D130

HOLA4418
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4419

Looks like you may be right. RM showing a healthy number of sales - 26 out of 179 available for CLS area.

They are from top to bottom of market so looks like confidence is up across the board. As discussed elsewhere maybe the high level of public sector jobs will cushion the area until post election.

The big falls are surely to come, although the possibility of inflation may mean they are hidden.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4420
Drove past them today. 3 are occupied and 1 is sold. God knows how big the gardens are. I remember the site before it was built on and it was tiny.

I drove past these today and all, or at least nearly all of them, appear to now be occupied.

• 2 months later...
HOLA4421
I drove past these today and all, or at least nearly all of them, appear to now be occupied.

Had a look at these townhouses a couple of weeks ago. They are all occupied except for two unfinished. As you commented earlier the back gardens are postage stamp size. I went back on Sunday when a show house is supposed to be open but there was no one there.

I can't believe they have sold for anywhere near the asking price while similarly priced detached houses have not sold. The location is one of the worst in the area because of constant traffic noise. My guess is they have quietly rented them. This seems to be confirmed by the fact that no sales are recorded on Nethouseprices.

• 6 months later...
HOLA4422

Had a look at these townhouses a couple of weeks ago. They are all occupied except for two unfinished. As you commented earlier the back gardens are postage stamp size. I went back on Sunday when a show house is supposed to be open but there was no one there.

I can't believe they have sold for anywhere near the asking price while similarly priced detached houses have not sold. The location is one of the worst in the area because of constant traffic noise. My guess is they have quietly rented them. This seems to be confirmed by the fact that no sales are recorded on Nethouseprices.

Another piece in the jigsaw. The end house has come up for rent and appears to be the original show house complete with show house furnishings.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-14877252.html

HOLA4423

Another piece in the jigsaw. The end house has come up for rent and appears to be the original show house complete with show house furnishings.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-14877252.html

I wonder which developer the Mercedes belongs to?

The cricket ground must really lower the noise and traffic in that area, oh and also, don't forget this beautiful attraction...

Mmm, sniff that air!

Edited by meow

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4424
HOLA4425