House Price Crash Forum

New Topic! Time For Action

mockbavdnk

HOLA441

I THINK MOST NORMAL HOUSE BUYERS IN NORTHERN IRELAND ARE SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING OVERPRICED HOUSES, IN PARTICULAR THE LATEST DIRTY "TOWN HOUSE" PLACES BOUGHT AT THE PEAK OF LAND PRICES WHERE DEVELOPERS STUCK AS MANY OF THEIR LITTLE BOX HOUSES ON THE SITE, AND THE ESTATE AGENT STILL HAS THE CHEEK TO CALL IT AN EXCLUSIVE/EXCITING/PRESTIGE/LUXURY "DEVELOPMENT"

WE ALL KNOW A 1970S COUNCIL HOUSE ESTATE OFFERS MORE ROOM

ITS TIME TO KNOCK THESE DEVELOPERS DOWN AND THEIR MONEY SUCKING ESATE AGENTS AS WELL

I HAVE BEEN HAVING A LITTLE FUN LATELY EMAILING ESTATE AGENTS AND SHOWING INTEREST!!!

DO WHAT I DO, PICK THE MOST NASTY "EXCULSIVE TOWN HOUSE" AND EMAIL THE AGENT, TELL THEM WHAT YOU REALLY THINK OF THEIR LITTLE HOUSE AND THE £200K ISH PRICE TAG, THE MORE PEOPLE DO THIS, THE MORE THE AGENTS LOSE HEART

I PICKED A NICE (WELL NASTY) "TOWN HOUSE" IN LISBURN WAS UP AT £279,000, ON PROPERTYNEWS THE AGENT DESCRIBED THIS AS "JUST £279,000 TO LIVE AN EXCLUSIVE LIFESTYLE"

WAS A SAD LITTLE TOWNHOUSE, WHATS EXCLUSIVE OF A £2,000 A MONTH MORTGAGE TO LIVE THERE??

GOING TO POST THE DESPARATE ESTATE AGENT REPLIES

OTHER READERS DO THE SAME AND MAKE THIS A GOOD POST

HOLA442
HOLA443
I THINK MOST NORMAL HOUSE BUYERS IN NORTHERN IRELAND ARE SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING OVERPRICED HOUSES, IN PARTICULAR THE LATEST DIRTY "TOWN HOUSE" PLACES BOUGHT AT THE PEAK OF LAND PRICES WHERE DEVELOPERS STUCK AS MANY OF THEIR LITTLE BOX HOUSES ON THE SITE, AND THE ESTATE AGENT STILL HAS THE CHEEK TO CALL IT AN EXCLUSIVE/EXCITING/PRESTIGE/LUXURY "DEVELOPMENT"

ITS TIME TO KNOCK THESE DEVELOPERS DOWN AND THEIR MONEY SUCKING ESATE AGENTS AS WELL

I HAVE BEEN HAVING A LITTLE FUN LATELY EMAILING ESTATE AGENTS AND SHOWING INTEREST!!!

DO WHAT I DO, PICK THE MOST NASTY "EXCULSIVE TOWN HOUSE" AND EMAIL THE AGENT, TELL THEM WHAT YOU REALLY THINK OF THEIR LITTLE HOUSE AND THE £200K ISH PRICE TAG, THE MORE PEOPLE DO THIS, THE MORE THE AGENTS LOSE HEART

I PICKED A NICE (WELL NASTY) "TOWN HOUSE" IN LISBURN WAS UP AT £279,000, ON PROPERTYNEWS THE AGENT DESCRIBED THIS AS "JUST £279,000 TO LIVE AN EXCLUSIVE LIFESTYLE"

WAS A SAD LITTLE TOWNHOUSE, WHATS EXCLUSIVE OF A £2,000 A MONTH MORTGAGE TO LIVE THERE??

HELLO MR BLOCK CAPS!

I'm no detective, but:

What possible reason do estate agents have for keeping prices high? Are they making any money out of it?

Use some logical thiking about this, estate agents are finding sales are impossibly slow, and you imply that you think that setting high prices is in their best interests.

In the current climate, that doesn't make any sense to me....

The problem doesn't lie with the estate agents, they need to sell to make money, there is no motive for them to overprice at this time.

You'll just have to think again for answers.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HELLO MR BLOCK CAPS!

I'm no detective, but:

What possible reason do estate agents have for keeping prices high? Are they making any money out of it?

Use some logical thiking about this, estate agents are finding sales are impossibly slow, and you imply that you think that setting high prices is in their best interests.

The problem doesn't lie with the estate agents, they need to sell to make money, there is no motive for them to overprice at this time.

a bit naive are we "vision"

cannot understand why eas are still valuing houses on the expensive side?

well when the average punter gets 2-3 valuations from his local eas

who do you think gets the business?

the one with the lowest valuation?

Rock on!

HOLA446
a bit naive are we "vision"

cannot understand why eas are still valuing houses on the expensive side?

well when the average punter gets 2-3 valuations from his local eas

who do you think gets the business?

the one with the lowest valuation?

Rock on!

I think this is actually more to do with sellers mentaility. If people think there house is worth x and the estate agent says sorry its only worth y. They can still instruct an estate agent to put it up for x and see what happens! Most people would take the steps down a steep cliff rather than take one leap!

HOLA447
I think this is actually more to do with sellers mentaility. If people think there house is worth x and the estate agent says sorry its only worth y. They can still instruct an estate agent to put it up for x and see what happens! Most people would take the steps down a steep cliff rather than take one leap!

first rule in EAs bible

more properties on the books

more chance of making some £s

and **** the opposition!

Rock on!

HOLA448
HELLO MR BLOCK CAPS!

I'm no detective, but:

OK I am actually starting to think that you are an EA now, if I didn't already with your 'nice try' why-not-buy-now-ah-go-on-go-on post on the other thread.

:lol:

HOLA449

This is quite sad, do you not have anything better to do with your time. And no, I am not an EA.

HOLA4410

p.s. I meant to say to the OP - most of us here do not support EA-baiting so I would think carefully about doing this. I know you feel that houses are overpriced and so do I, and I know that we have had EAs on here trying to ramp up the market even as it's crashing around their ears - but your suggested action would not really achieve anything. I would also not wish HPC.co.uk to be associated with this behaviour, it does not help the credibility of the site (or us!).

Just my tuppence worth.

Edited by tara747

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I'm just staying away from EAs for 2 more years. There is no point... most sellers and EAs are still in denial. They will only accept the truth when they are forced to accept the truth.

Yes, I think that the silent phones and empty offices are telling them all they need to know.