House Price Crash Forum

Simple Message To V.i.s

HOLA441
HOLA442
I will try and keep this simple:

The banks are lending but not at the levels or with the looseness of credit that is needed to support current prices. They are not going to do so for the foreseeable future.

If you want the housing market to pick up you need to drop prices.

Understand???

Why should they give it away...nobody gives you anything for nothing. ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444

The banks are lending but not at the levels or with the looseness of credit that is needed to support current prices. They are not going to do so for the foreseeable future.

Understand???

All the surveyors I know understand this perfectly well but you have a little further to go with some of the other categories you list. The estate agents I have met recently have been very bearish but this is not true of all of the breed, just the ones who are still going to be in buisness next year.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Understand???

You are pretty well bang on there........

One little tweak to your otherwise spot on analysis though..........

"The banks are lending but not at the levels or with the looseness of credit able to lend LIAR LOANS that is are needed to support current prices. They are not going to can't do so for the foreseeable future without it biting them back in the ar$e..."

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA447
You are pretty well bang on there........

One little tweak to your otherwise spot on analysis though..........

"The banks are lending but not at the levels or with the looseness of credit able to lend LIAR LOANS that is are needed to support current prices. They are not going to can't do so for the foreseeable future without it biting them back in the ar$e..."

Indeed!!!

A question for anyone who thinks that Gorgon the Clown's £90B will kick start liar loans and the rest again. The banks have got away with it once and as with the previous £50B, this will help stop them going bust. But for the foreseeable future, do you really really think they are going to do it again?