House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

So Whats The Stance On Posts About G.b

Guest KingCharles1st

Even though we have links to stories on the front page about exactly the same thing.

Personally, I feel Brown baiting is a totally valid and acceptable part of this site- after all, he is the complete CN*T who got us into this mess, and who's head should end up on a spike on Traitors Gate IMO.

However, I don't really see what Obama has to do with HPC, apart from the fact the guy scars the hell out of me- another Blair in the making.

I think the fact that lobbies like HPC continue to pressure Brown must surely be useful to our cause, without the ability to wound him, he will remain, and there will be little chance of a desperately needed change at the top.

I don't think the result at Glasgow East was just to do with people wanting change, or a fresh wind. People feel badly cheated, and especially so about things like our shafting over Europe, Energy, HPI, personal freedom, terrible record of even attempting to sort out the crime problem, and all the while its jobs for the boys , think tanks, working parties, white papers, brown papers pink papers, toilet paper, but little printed folding paper in peoples pockets.

Edited by KingCharles1st

Our unelected leader is, after all, Gordon "Housing Bubble of the Century" Brown. No other person on the planet can claim to have done so much for HPI and the BTL industry. All the time the sheeple saw their houses rise by 20% a year he could do no wrong. They didn't mind if he robbed their pensions, destroyed our infrastucture, allowed in millions of foreigners and sold our sovereignty to the EU just as long as their houses went up and unlimited cash from the Home Equity Machine kept flowing. Of course it was bound to fail and that is why the sheeple have turned into wolves.

Brown is the antithesis of fiscal prudence and the architect of HPI-MEW-BTL. No toher person deserves more threads on HPC.co.

Even though we have links to stories on the front page about exactly the same thing.

Personally, I feel Brown baiting is a totally valid and acceptable part of this site- after all, he is the complete CN*T who got us into this mess, and who's head should end up on a spike on Traitors Gate IMO.

I report posts to the mods when there isnt the slightest link to anything house price related in them.

VMR.

However, I don't really see what Obama has to do with HPC, apart from the fact the guy scars the hell out of me- another Blair in the making.

I think the fact that lobbies like HPC continue to pressure Brown must surely be useful to our cause, without the ability to wound him, he will remain, and there will be little chance of a desperately needed change at the top.

I don't think the result at Glasgow East was just to do with people wanting change, or a fresh wind. People feel badly cheated, and especially so about things like our shafting over Europe, Energy, HPI, personal freedom, terrible record of even attempting to sort out the crime problem, and all the while its jobs for the boys , think tanks, working parties, white papers, brown papers pink papers, toilet paper, but little printed folding paper in peoples pockets.

What will a change at the top really do. There are people here who in their little britian world really beleive that this situation has been generated by politicians in this country. They certainly haven't hindered the process (as they have on the continent - particularly 5 stars to germany) but this is A GLOBAL MELTDOWN. Politicians are generally powerless and all we are doing is kidding ourselves we live in a democracy by scribbling a tick on a piece of paper. Democracy is just a function of Governmentality (you should read Foucault). Actually I couldn't care less as long as I have a personal level of autonomy, but the whole system is run by a network of polarising exchange that has become even more global with the introduction of our friend and yours the information technology we use to shout down the soft target (GB. Like him or not he is insignficant to this situation). Also I want to know. What would the tories have done differently (start with a critique of the impact on the housing market of MT selling off the council housing as a starting point - remembering that in Germany social housing is the norm and they are not crashing)

I report posts to the mods when there isnt the slightest link to anything house price related in them.

VMR.

In that case you must be kept very busy! :rolleyes:

As for Gordon Brown threads; Browns policies during his disastrous reign as PM and chancellor helped to stoke up the biggest house price bubble in UK history so posts about him and his "economic policies" are highly relevant to HPC IMO. It's annoying to hear that the mods may be shunting them off the main board. Has someone from Labour complained?

If people want the forum to grow it has to expand into economics and politics, how often can you get excited about mortgage calculations? I find the State in Britain to be very hostile to the competent citizen and would like to be freed from its power.

VMR.

:blink:

What an exciting life you must lead.

What will a change at the top really do. There are people here who in their little britian world really beleive that this situation has been generated by politicians in this country. They certainly haven't hindered the process (as they have on the continent - particularly 5 stars to germany) but this is A GLOBAL MELTDOWN. Politicians are generally powerless and all we are doing is kidding ourselves we live in a democracy by scribbling a tick on a piece of paper. Democracy is just a function of Governmentality (you should read Foucault). Actually I couldn't care less as long as I have a personal level of autonomy, but the whole system is run by a network of polarising exchange that has become even more global with the introduction of our friend and yours the information technology we use to shout down the soft target (GB. Like him or not he is insignficant to this situation). Also I want to know. What would the tories have done differently (start with a critique of the impact on the housing market of MT selling off the council housing as a starting point - remembering that in Germany social housing is the norm and they are not crashing)

Excellent post. I have been banging on in a similar vein for months. The function of personal greed is not just a mechanism of government, it is universal, and must include the corporate world as well as the blame game towards any politician. It is true that GB presided over the whole thing, but then so did Lawson and Thatcher in the '80s and '90s boom and bust, which arguably would have been every bit as extreme if translated to 2008. I doubt even the liberals would have stopped the boom and bust. I also passionately agree that democracy cannot be defined by an X on a dog-eared bit of paper each five years.

Democracy is keeping tabs on the B5astards once they have gained power, and to do that you need democratic institutions in place, unfettered by government interference, and that includes a truly independent press, a broadcasting system which is not an agency for corporate and government damage limitation PR, and a concerted effort by citizens not to become part of the very system they then criticise after having gained from it financially, then lost.

VP

We could create a slag off Brown board? That should be busy, at least until Christmas ;)

Personally I think we should have a general politics board, and a reasonably aggressive policy of moving non housing politics posts there.

well said... the little brains just cannot see this!

Guest KingCharles1st

Some interesting replies- but none to answer WHY the G.B. posts are being moved.

Personally, I never wanted the UK to be part of Globalisation, I just wanted it to be the UK- its a sort of "English" thing. But now the UK I loved has become UK.Europe.com Well guys, if thats what you truly want- live by the sword, die by the sword etc. It's your vote, use it how you see fit.

So, to summarise.

Politicians have no power to influence anything, unless they're German, but everything's Thatcher's fault in the end. Sorry, but the only possible conclusion I can draw from that is "Thatcher was a German".

Do we have to burn Thatcher if it turns out she weighs the same as a duck?

So, to summarise.

Politicians have no power to influence anything, unless they're German, but everything's Thatcher's fault in the end. Sorry, but the only possible conclusion I can draw from that is "Thatcher was a German".

Do we have to burn Thatcher if it turns out she weighs the same as a duck?

excellent reposte, this is a global meltdown that politicians are blameless in, sorry Elizabeth that's nonsense. "Global problem, global solution, not our fault guv..." er yes it is, not entirely but equally responsible.

Edited by Converted Lurker

well said... the little brains just cannot see this!

You're a mouthpiece for Gordon Brown and the Labour government if I recall correctly. Looks like your boys are back to doing what they do best: fighting like ferrets in a sack. How long do you think Brown has left before they force him out? 3 months? Who do you fancy to replace him? Straw is the favourite with the bookies, I'd have thought he's make a decent caretaker PM and may reduce your huge losses in a general election.

After that, they'll be a queue for the leadership. Forget Miliband though, my money's on Purnell ;)

Shape up in two months or go, Gordon Brown warned

Senior ministers urged: tell battered PM it's time to go· Cabinet members talk of 'orderly resignation'

Gordon Brown's future uncertain as Cabinet ministers plot after Glasgow East debacle

And so it begins

Looks like the pigeons are coming home to roost. If the British Empire was the forerunner of globalisation looks like you've only got yourselves to blame. I look forward to the crash.

Our unelected leader is, after all, Gordon "Housing Bubble of the Century" Brown. No other person on the planet can claim to have done so much for HPI and the BTL industry. All the time the sheeple saw their houses rise by 20% a year he could do no wrong. They didn't mind if he robbed their pensions, destroyed our infrastucture, allowed in millions of foreigners and sold our sovereignty to the EU just as long as their houses went up and unlimited cash from the Home Equity Machine kept flowing. Of course it was bound to fail and that is why the sheeple have turned into wolves.

Brown is the antithesis of fiscal prudence and the architect of HPI-MEW-BTL. No toher person deserves more threads on HPC.co.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Some interesting replies- but none to answer WHY the G.B. posts are being moved.

Best to read the rules before you play the game......

See forum rule 13:

"Discussion must be on-topic only. If there is no board where a subject belongs, post it in the "Off Topic" section or contact a moderator or administrator and ask where to post the thread."

Forum rule 14 says:

"Responses within a thread must remain "on topic" to that thread. The mods will exercise discretion and will delete posts within a thread that appear to "invade" the thread or digress from its subject and is not up for discussion."

So your original post is both off-topic and you can't ask why posts have been deleted!

Forum rule 4 says

"All content posted by you will become the property of housepricecrash.co.uk"

So better not post your DNA profile, just in case.

VMR.

like the rant. i wish there was a better alternative.

who you gonna call - camera-on and his concerned pursed lip pose ???

Broadly I agree with you, I quite like the criticism of Brown. I'd prefer it were intelligent and original. The mindless rants sometimes posted (by others) I can find in a newspaper - and presumably that's from where they are copied.

On specifics a couple of questions:

1) "desperately needed change at the top" - yes but to what purpose? To halt the house price crash? To make it happen faster? To reassure the public about house prices? To protect house builders? To protect bankers?

2) Is it the purpose of "lobbies like HPC" solely to pressure Brown? I thought bankers, property speculators, ill-advised TV programmes and other politicians were also targets for criticism. Pressuring Brown is not an end in itself. Until HPC as a whole is agreed on what action is desired from GB (or replacement) there is nothing to lobby for.

Edit: Attempt too clarify this was not an attack on the OP

Edited by Jadoube

...the main issue in the subconscious and in many cases the conscious mind of most people is the way Brown attempts to portray a fair society and yet he presides over a Labour Government which allows Scottish MPs to vote on English matters in Westminster despite having their own Parliament and they provide free university places for 'Scottish' students...how can a man who encourages such stark divisions in society which challenge the very root of democracy expect to survive .?........or any other Labour pretender thinking of 'taking on' the job ....they should all resign now ...lets have a General Election with the main focus of trying to get democracy back on track.......get rid of these lower 'forms' currently 'ruling'.... <_<

like the rant. i wish there was a better alternative.

who you gonna call - camera-on and his concerned pursed lip pose ???

His Mrs is quite fit, so yes.