House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dubai

The Great Panic Of 2008

he misses the point that many have taken equity loans, not just first time home sales.

and the money circulating - well it still is, only its in goods and tat. or assets.

but its out there. this is no false panic. its real alright.

he misses the point that many have taken equity loans, not just first time home sales.

and the money circulating - well it still is, only its in goods and tat. or assets.

but its out there. this is no false panic. its real alright.

Good points RFD.

The people who now have all the wealth arn't about to allow it to be leant out to people who will use it to gamble in the british property market.

In fact the people that have all the wealth, became so wealthy by speculating in the british property market.

If they leant it to people to speculate in property, those people would either compete with them or lose all the money.

The "fractional reserve" money recycling system refered to as the "money creation" system by some HPC members works fine until someone decides not to put the money they have received back into the UK banks... then most of the money is gone, and will never come back, and the UK banking system is bankrupt.

Edited by TaxAbuserOfTheWeek

The people who now have all the wealth arn't about to allow it to be leant out to people who will use it to gamble in the british property market.

In fact the people that have all the wealth, became so wealthy by speculating in the british property market.

If they leant it to people to speculate in property, those people would either compete with them or lose all the money.

The "fractional reserve" money recycling system refered to as the "money creation" system by some HPC members works fine until someone decides not to put the money they have received back into the UK banks... then most of the money is gone, and will never come back, and the UK banking system is bankrupt.

Well tax abuser please can you go and tell that to my bank coz i'm still having to pay my f*cking mortgage!

I don't recall seeing this here.

The second half has the meat.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBqwtRubyJM...feature=related

In a nutshell, for those of you who can't spare 9 minutes.... the bank "collapse" is engineered to push you down further.... in truth they've got loadsamoney

A flawed but good video to see. I agree with the premise that the surviving banks will buy up assets on the "cheap" but for that to happen. one has to believe that there will be no collapse of the monetory system.

I do expect that the future holds a continuing shift in banks owning more of the "value" of the earth.

There is still a lot for the banks to "own". I think we are entering a period where the banking system will "own" more of each individual's life

e.g.

- Less home owners

- More people being in debt BEFORE they start work (Oh, that already happens for students)

- Less welfare (already happening with pensions)

- People being able to offset their Inheritance with care in old age

The future is already here - There are some that think that a country starts with Sweatshops and then through "people" power, the lives of people are improved. Well welcome to a new world where it will be the reverse.

If you want to see the future for your most of our children, look at the sweatshops of India or China.

Wont just be banks buying cheap assets after the bust.

This happens in ALL busts, the boom prices are reduced, and many are sold by necessity rather than plan.