House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markinspain

Evidence Of The Us Banking System Teetering On The Brink Of Collapse

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article5594.html

Edit for the most important point.............

25. Of the $6.84 Trillion in bank deposits, the total cash on hand at banks is a mere $273.7 Billion. Where is the rest of the loot? The answer is in off balance sheet SIVs, imploding commercial real estate deals, Alt-A liar loans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bonds, toggle bonds where debt is amazingly paid back with more debt, and all sorts of other silly (and arguably fraudulent) financial wizardry schemes that have bank and brokerage firms leveraged at 30-1 or more. Those loans cannot be paid back.

What cannot be paid back will be defaulted on. If you did not know it before, you do now. The entire US banking system is insolvent.

Edited by markinspain

So, should I bother paying back my personal debt or what? I feel bummed out to think I've just payed off my credit card just before the global financial system disappears in a puff of smoke.

25. Of the $6.84 Trillion in bank deposits, the total cash on hand at banks is a mere $273.7 Billion. Where is the rest of the loot? ... bank and brokerage firms leveraged at 30-1 or more. Those loans cannot be paid back.

The entire US banking system is insolvent.

That's just terrible. Can we assume similar things (schemes and excesses) going on across the globe? Of cousre, those responsible are likely to get away Scott free, even rewarded for their greed.

This really is a mess. Bad house-keeping meets with incompetence and criminality.

im taking advantage of the credit crunch to repay suppliers at a blistering slow pace.

with a view they will go pop before the account balances are done,.

im blaming it on cash flow from the poor environment caused by the 'global' credit market etc.

if you cant beat them. find another way to beat them.

Guest Steve Cook
im taking advantage of the credit crunch to repay suppliers at a blistering slow pace.

with a view they will go pop before the account balances are done,.

im blaming it on cash flow from the poor environment caused by the 'global' credit market etc.

if you cant beat them. find another way to beat them.

"them" are, of course, just other "you"s

"them" are, of course, just other "you"s

i suppose. but monkey see, monkey do.

also i would like to refer you to the theme song lyrics of the 1974 comedy series 'get some in'

Edited by right_freds_dead

September/October/November .... I genuinely believe that some very very serious shit is about to hit the fan.

ive heard that rumour too. i think its the removal of credit card funding.

ive heard that rumour too. i think its the removal of credit card funding.

My business relies entirely on customers sending me credit card payments online and offline - are you saying that credit card companies (Visa and Mastercard are my mainstays like everyone else who vends) might implode? How would that pan out?

debit cards from cash balances./

no money - no buyee.

Thanks. I had already figured that the number of folks with credit cards (or working credit cards which are not maxed out) will decline with the increase of unemployment and cash strapped-ness. I may have to modify payment methods to include WU etc, although hardly seems worth it as scrunters won't be able to afford my wares anyway.

Looks like my MEWing clients of yesteryear will be as broke as the last time my debit card failed to work at an ATM - close to you actually at Salford University when my student grant had been blown on booze. Was humiliating scrounging small loans from mates to raise the £18 one way train fare back to Kent. Those were the days...happy memories of walking to campus through "sniper valley" dodging airgun pellets fired at us middle class students

by the Kersal flat chavs, years before the phrase was applied to Sarajevo :o

Thanks. I had already figured that the number of folks with credit cards (or working credit cards which are not maxed out) will decline with the increase of unemployment and cash strapped-ness. I may have to modify payment methods to include WU etc, although hardly seems worth it as scrunters won't be able to afford my wares anyway.

Looks like my MEWing clients of yesteryear will be as broke as the last time my debit card failed to work at an ATM - close to you actually at Salford University when my student grant had been blown on booze. Was humiliating scrounging small loans from mates to raise the £18 one way train fare back to Kent. Those were the days...happy memories of walking to campus through "sniper valley" dodging airgun pellets fired at us middle class students

by the Kersal flat chavs, years before the phrase was applied to Sarajevo :o

i know that machine at the nat west near the old police station. with the anti robbery mirror.

back on topic.

if the cc cards get whipped suddenly didnt the daily mail say there were only 11 days savings on average per family.?

gurrrr !!!

: (

Et voila-one HYPERDEFLATIONARY COLLAPSE Ladies and gents that is what we are now facing-anyone that thinks the 'printing presses' can possibly keep pace with the sheer magnitude of the losses dominoing their way through the world economies and banking systems is frankly deluded!!

Protect yourselves ;)

Et voila-one HYPERDEFLATIONARY COLLAPSE Ladies and gents that is what we are now facing-anyone that thinks the 'printing presses' can possibly keep pace with the sheer magnitude of the losses dominoing their way through the world economies and banking systems is frankly deluded!!

Protect yourselves ;)

NO, the available money will become more valuable, as there is a shortage.

Bank credit cannot be settled without a pool of means of exchange.

Edit for the most important point.............

25. Of the $6.84 Trillion in bank deposits, the total cash on hand at banks is a mere $273.7 Billion. Where is the rest of the loot? The answer is in off balance sheet SIVs, imploding commercial real estate deals, Alt-A liar loans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bonds, toggle bonds where debt is amazingly paid back with more debt, and all sorts of other silly (and arguably fraudulent) financial wizardry schemes that have bank and brokerage firms leveraged at 30-1 or more. Those loans cannot be paid back.

What cannot be paid back will be defaulted on. If you did not know it before, you do now. The entire US banking system is insolvent.

Total cash is only ever a fraction of total bank deposits, the majority of money never exists in a physical form.