House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
roblpm

Have I Missed Something

• Annually house prices in Scotland fell 2.1% in Q2 2008 compared to the UK average fall of 6.1%.

• House prices in Scotland fell by 4.5% in Q2 2008, compared with a 4.7% fall in prices across the UK.

• The average price of a house in Scotland is currently £137,920. This is 26% less than the UK average of £185,625

Shows YoY fall of 2.1% in Scotland. Have we seen this before??

It must be wrong: I've been told many times that "house prices have never fallen in Scotland, therefore they never will".

I think this only came out today actually. Reported in Scottish press tomorrow??

No mention of it in the Scotsman or Herald yet, but the Scotsman does have this:

Downturn forces Law Society to scrap move

THE Law Society of Scotland has ditched plans to sell its historic headquarters in Edinburgh city centre because of a slump in the capital's property market.

The society, which has been based at Drumsheugh Gardens, in the city's West End, since 1968, announced earlier this year it was quitting the Georgian townhouse.

But hopes of raising more than £6 million from the sale of the property to pay for a move to a modern new office have been dashed because of the lack of demand for the old HQ.

Property experts had expected huge demand for the Law Society's building, as Drumsheugh Gardens has long been seen as one of Edinburgh's most prestigious addresses.

But yesterday, the society announced that it was to remain at Drumsheugh Gardens for "the immediate future". It is understood the prospect of relocation will not be revisited until there has been a significant improvement in the capital's property market.

No fools, these lawyers. I wonder how long it'll be before their upturn arrives?