House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth

Back To The £10k Terrace?

The property comprises a vacant 2 storey mid terrace in need of full repair and modernisation.

It's a sh*t tip then, I'd like to know if the rest of the block is boarded up, is it a lovely crime riddled estate. Can you pick lady's of the night up on that street corner?

I seem to recall that Newcastle Council was selling terrace houses in slightly better nick than this one for around 2k each a few years back plus you would get one free if you bought 2! It may have been 3k each, but you get the general idea. Some investors bought whole streets. I don't recall if they threw in some free Geordie people with the deal.

I seem to recall that Newcastle Council was selling terrace houses in slightly better nick than this one for around 2k each a few years back plus you would get one free if you bought 2! It may have been 3k each, but you get the general idea. Some investors bought whole streets. I don't recall if they threw in some free Geordie people with the deal.

A few years back was about 1990 (I remember that) you are showing your age and your petticotes Carribean Beauty. Whoever bought those pieces of crap would have been sitting on a packet if they had held till 1985. Tragic really. I could do with my own street.

I remember when I got to england properties were selling along the coast for £8K, £10K Had no idea they would soon be trading for £250K each. And then ALL the £10K types dried up. But here we have one. Really. in 2008.

http://www.suttonkersh.co.uk/propertydb/pr...9918&xSec=2

Property in Litherland will never hit 250k - 25k maybe. It's by the docks and full of chavs. Its only claim to fame is the Beatles played at the town hall there.

Property in Litherland will never hit 250k - 25k maybe. It's by the docks and full of chavs. Its only claim to fame is the Beatles played at the town hall there.

Thats still a 60% drop if its now 10K and a 1500% rise if it started at 2K.

I remember when I got to england properties were selling along the coast for £8K, £10K Had no idea they would soon be trading for £250K each. And then ALL the £10K types dried up. But here we have one. Really. in 2008.

http://www.suttonkersh.co.uk/propertydb/pr...9918&xSec=2

Give me a break if you knew the area you would know this is a busy main road I know the block every single property is boarded up. This particular one is a shell and would need at least £30k spending on it and would sell in a good market for £50k tops in excellent condition. Plus the fact its next to a take away means its virtually un-mortgageable even in the good times, so would be of no use to a developer as they wouldn't shift it anyway and I doubt a little first time buyer would want it, would you. So £10,000 is the right price for someone to take a massive risk.

What is the point in posting this? Its a waste of internet space I tell thee. Talk about property ramping on the upside? Well I guess from the comments at housepricecrash.co.uk it works both ways eh!

Just round the corner from this one are some very nice streets. This one should be knocked down rather than bought. If the takeaway wasn't there they would have knocked the lot down a long time ago.

Give me a break if you knew the area you would know this is a busy main road I know the block every single property is boarded up. This particular one is a shell and would need at least £30k spending on it and would sell in a good market for £50k tops in excellent condition. Plus the fact its next to a take away means its virtually un-mortgageable even in the good times, so would be of no use to a developer as they wouldn't shift it anyway and I doubt a little first time buyer would want it, would you. So £10,000 is the right price for someone to take a massive risk.

What is the point in posting this? Its a waste of internet space I tell thee. Talk about property ramping on the upside? Well I guess from the comments at housepricecrash.co.uk it works both ways eh!

Why thank thee. I take it you particularly like this area? I guess it will be back to 2K in about 2 years.