House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
symo

Conveyancing In Newton Abbot

OK, this is quite sad news. My good friend and colleague here in the office has just taken a phone call from his wife. The solicitors where she works has just made her redundant. The conveyancing work in Devon is drying up fast and the lack of transactions is really killing housing work in the SW. I asked if he would be OK and he replied that his salary covers everything he just can't afford a 1% interest rise. Sad really as they sold their house with enough to buy a decent place down here and pay off some of the mortgage using his moving allowance to pay the stamp duty. Just had a baby but they are both sensible with money and last bought before this in Brighton in 2001.

She wasn't the only one to get her redundancy today.

We were talking about that the other day in the office. Consider how little work there is around, how comes Land Registry and Mortgage Companies are not any quicker getting documents out. We can still wait a month for a mortgage offer. We know they arent that busy.

We were talking about that the other day in the office. Consider how little work there is around, how comes Land Registry and Mortgage Companies are not any quicker getting documents out. We can still wait a month for a mortgage offer. We know they arent that busy.

What Land Registry documents are taking so long? With computerisation there can't be too much that is taking more than the advertised times.

What Land Registry documents are taking so long? With computerisation there can't be too much that is taking more than the advertised times.

As far as I am aware the actual registration of properties are not computerised. I can always speak to the officer dealing with the registration at the Land Registry, in fact they are broken down into area teams which makes it easy to speak to someone who can help you. First registrations are taking a while at the moment as are grants of Leases out of registered freehold titles. It does vary from area to area though.

The speed of the banks does not seem to have changed much at all. Considering that we keep getting told that lending has fallen considerably (and obviously my own knowledge of having hardly any clients getting mortgages at the moment) why does it still take a month to get a mortgage offer out?