House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Killer

Is There Anything That Would Faze Gordon Brown

How far would Gordo's star have to fall before he publically admitted that anything was wrong? What if all his MP's called for him to step down perhaps? Or if he is attacked with a custard pie in the commons by a fellow MP?

This guy is completely immune to the influence of anything in the realms of reality.

Guest KingCharles1st
How far would Gordo's star have to fall before he publically admitted that anything was wrong? What if all his MP's called for him to step down perhaps? Or if he is attacked with a custard pie in the commons by a fellow MP?

This guy is completely immune to the influence of anything in the realms of reality.

Tough one- anybody...?

You expected him to break down screaming?

In a way he's right, the job still has to be done, and can you see any other politician with a quicky solution to the economy, stopping house prices collapsing ....

Reality is he's in the job. He can call an election now, which Cameron will but it will finish his career when he fails to halt the inevitable house price collapse. This would bring labour back sooner than if he holds on to the bitter end but Gordon will have been pushed out so why should he care? Or he can hold on to the bitter end hoping for an unlikely outcome.

It really doesn't matter, either way the economy is in the same mess. Houses will do the same thing......

If he wasn't so arogant he could have gone down as Chacellor of the Century, but now it's Worst and short lived Prime minister in History

You expected him to break down screaming?

In a way he's right, the job still has to be done, and can you see any other politician with a quicky solution to the economy, stopping house prices collapsing ....

Reality is he's in the job. He can call an election now, which Cameron will but it will finish his career when he fails to halt the inevitable house price collapse. This would bring labour back sooner than if he holds on to the bitter end but Gordon will have been pushed out so why should he care? Or he can hold on to the bitter end hoping for an unlikely outcome.

It really doesn't matter, either way the economy is in the same mess. Houses will do the same thing......

WE could call the election now,For him by storming parliament en masse and executing the whole bloody lot of em on live TV.Somehow I think the establishment will put up quite a strong fight,but there is an increasing number of very alienated and angry people who finally see that they have been sold out,and if stretched far enough WILL resort to direct action.

I should make it clear I'm not in any way a bloodthirsty or violent person,but regime change is just as applicable here is it was in iraq.Bullies only respect people that fight back,so you have to make sure they get a bloody good hiding.

Tough one- anybody...?

Tar and feathers to start with. Then tried for Treason, found guilty and hung. That should rattle his cage.....

WE could call the election now,For him by storming parliament en masse and executing the whole bloody lot of em on live TV.Somehow I think the establishment will put up quite a strong fight,but there is an increasing number of very alienated and angry people who finally see that they have been sold out,and if stretched far enough WILL resort to direct action.

I should make it clear I'm not in any way a bloodthirsty or violent person,but regime change is just as applicable here is it was in iraq.Bullies only respect people that fight back,so you have to make sure they get a bloody good hiding.

Mmmmm, storming parliament and executing the lot makes me think in terms of Lenin, Stalin, Saddam or Mugabe. Bullies, high stakes power grab, lots of losers. And why would violent direct action be a good thing. Who can be put in place who can bring about a miraculous economic recovery?

The people who are going to be stretched most are a combination of the unfortunate, and people many posters on this site appear to consider slightly foolish for having invested unwisely beyond their means. Its hard on the unfortunate, on the other hand;

For every yuppie who's rural mansion collapses there'll be local farmers cheering their children can afford to live locally.

For every person who MEWed themselves to appear wealthier than their neighbours there'll be people saying served them right.

For every over-stretched BTL investor there will be a first time buyers eager when the price falls enough.

I imagine that if people take direct action behind the slogan 'keep our house price high' the majority will applaud as they get banged up.

Mmmmm, storming parliament and executing the lot makes me think in terms of Lenin, Stalin, Saddam or Mugabe. Bullies, high stakes power grab, lots of losers. And why would violent direct action be a good thing. Who can be put in place who can bring about a miraculous economic recovery?

The people who are going to be stretched most are a combination of the unfortunate, and people many posters on this site appear to consider slightly foolish for having invested unwisely beyond their means. Its hard on the unfortunate, on the other hand;

For every yuppie who's rural mansion collapses there'll be local farmers cheering their children can afford to live locally.

For every person who MEWed themselves to appear wealthier than their neighbours there'll be people saying served them right.

For every over-stretched BTL investor there will be a first time buyers eager when the price falls enough.

I imagine that if people take direct action behind the slogan 'keep our house price high' the majority will applaud as they get banged up.

It's not just about the economy. We have reached a stage where those that govern believe it is their God given right, as superior beings, to interfere without restraint in our daily business.

They have completely forgotten that they are servants of the populace, supposedly elected to do the will of the people.

A reminder is long overdue.

It's a pity Labour don't ditch him. Nobody really has any faith in Cameron or the Tories at the moment I think. It's more a vote against Brown and Blair. He's basically a git is the core of the problem as I see it. Only good thing is it will probably lead to Scottish independence. Not that I am a nationalist or anything. I am just curious about what it would be like. Probably we will all starve after a week unfortunatley.