House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

copydude

Painter Fined By Council For Smoking In Van

Painter fined for smoking in van

A painter and decorator from Ceredigion says he is "dumbfounded" after being slapped with a £30 fine for smoking a cigarette in his own van.

Gordon Williams says he had popped to the shops earlier this month, when he was pulled over by council officials.

"I was told that because my van is my place of work I had broken the smoking laws," he said.

A council spokesperson said anyone handed a fine is eligible to appeal against the decision.

"I am dumbfounded - the van is only insured for private use and to get me to and from work," added Mr Williams, from Llanafan, near Aberystwyth.

"It not my place of work - I decorate houses not vans."

Link -BBC

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Daily Hate article of the day.

Instead of ranting, I suggest you all light up where you are.

That'll teach those genetically inferior ***** who can't take a bit of inhaled poison and survive.

Painter fined for smoking in van

"It not my place of work - I decorate houses not vans."

so you don't claim expenses on your van sir? Don't be silly of course your van is part of your business, you tell the tax man it is (and some more)!

Daily Hate article of the day.

Instead of ranting, I suggest you all light up where you are.

That'll teach those genetically inferior ***** who can't take a bit of inhaled poison and survive.

Poisons are everywhere. It'll not be long before he's taxed again on his van for his "poison footprint" and for burning his toast because of the "poisonous carcinogens".

A nation of intolerant eejits we are becoming.

so you don't claim expenses on your van sir? Don't be silly of course your van is part of your business, you tell the tax man it is (and some more)!

So what, it's his van, no one else uses it, so he is allowed to smoke there. Bloody nanny state is totally out of control and these stupid anti-smoking laws are one of the best examples of how utterly ridiculous things have got. Do they think that by banning smoking in public places they will totally prevent death or something? Of course not, all they've succeeded in doing is making life really tough for pub landlords and make me have to hide away in a little corner of the trainstation so I can have a sneaky fag, it's like being at school again.

Poisons are everywhere. It'll not be long before he's taxed again on his van for his "poison footprint" and for burning his toast because of the "poisonous carcinogens".

It's enough to drive me to wearing a Nazi uniform and severely punishing a coke addicted girl from an ostensibly middle class respectable background characterised by a delusional lack of genuine emotional honesty, displaced by competitive unaffordable materialist aspiration. With a cane. And then hunt foxes. Followed by running over a pensioner, and smoking Datura in Church.

It's enough to drive me to wearing a Nazi uniform and severely punishing a coke addicted girl from an ostensibly middle class respectable background characterised by a delusional lack of genuine emotional honesty, displaced by competitive unaffordable materialist aspiration. With a cane. And then hunt foxes. Followed by running over a pensioner, and smoking Datura in Church.

Where the hell do I sign up for this?

Where the hell do I sign up for this?

The Village Hall, Toller Fratrum, Dorset.

Underneath the WI advert for an introductory cakefart evening.

Keep off of my shit sandwich.

I think this guy should claim he wasn't smoking but was merely smouldering a bit.

I think I will saty out of England forever as it is just a f.....g mess.

Do council 'officials' actually have the power to pull cars over? I thought it was only the police who could do this.

probably not but many people are ignorant of the law and think they can, much like photographing police who make up laws and say it is illegal when it is not.

or PCSOs who chase you in cop cars they aren't allowed to use sirens and lights, a traffic cop biker guy I know was chased by a PCSO in a cop car for filtering (100% legal), he stood there nodding quietly and the PCSO went pale thinking the other person didn't know the law.