House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Peregrine

She Dropped - They Shopped!

I have been looking at 3 bed semis in my area - all around the 350-370K mark.

Last week a lovely lady put her house up for 275K on the premise of 'i just want to sell it' (EA's words)

The EA, said he'd never seen a scramble like it and a bidding war ensued (oh the good old days!)

It went up on the internet on Friday, and sold on Saturday jusslikethat.It goes to show there are plenty of buyers if the vendors see sense and drop their prices to those that.

1.We can all afford

2.Make the comeptition look like the greedy fools they are.

Lets' hope this starts a trend ;)

Guest KingCharles1st

Last week a lovely lady put her house up for 275K on the premise of 'i just want to sell it' (EA's words)

The EA, said he'd never seen a scramble like it and a bidding war ensued (oh the good old days!)

It went up on the internet on Friday, and sold on Saturday jusslikethat.It goes to show there are plenty of buyers if the vendors see sense and drop their prices to those that.

1.We can all afford

2.Make the comeptition look like the greedy fools they are.

Lets' hope this starts a trend ;)

Like Ebay!

Drop low- let them bid up- its certainly an excellent way to find out about the interested buyers who might be out there, and tug their chains at the same time!

Like Ebay!

Drop low- let them bid up- its certainly an excellent way to find out about the interested buyers who might be out there, and tug their chains at the same time!

I have e-mailed all of my local estate agents telling them to ask their vendors employ this tactic - Genius :P

Like Ebay!

Ebay can be very subtle. You can find yourself bidding up more than you ever wanted to and winning something at a higher price than you could have bought at the shops!!! ;)

Local agent to me tried something similar. Dropped the prices on about 7 prpoperties which were not selling by 15-20%. Then asked for offers in excess with all bids to be in by 10am the next week. Only one went under offer though as the other were all back on the next week with bidding starting at £220k for all of them. The original asking prices ranged from £250K-£450K. None of the rest went under offer and they are all back on at their orignal asking price now!

Last week a lovely lady put her house up for 275K .It goes to show there are plenty of buyers if the vendors see sense and drop their prices to those that.

1.We can all afford

Don't know what area of the country you are in Peregrine, but it just shows you how mad the market has been, when we are calling this a bargain - £275,000 for a 3 bed semi. :o

If there was a bidding war, what did it actually go for?

god bless her heart - she had offers up to 300K, but shook the mans' hand on the asking price of 275k and exchanged within 5 days.

I have never seen the like......... :o

Edited by Peregrine