House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

And Bloomberg Just Go In- Wham Wham Wham

``GDP growth is expected to be relatively anemic over the next three years,'' Niesr economist Simon Kirby wrote in a report published today. ``We see a modest slowdown rather than any recession,'' he told reporters yesterday.

``In 1990, the economic and fiscal situation was undoubtedly a lot worse than it is now,'' Martin Weale, director of Niesr, told reporters. ``Precedent by no means implies that Labour is doomed to lose the next election.''

``GDP growth is expected to be relatively anemic over the next three years,'' Niesr economist Simon Kirby wrote in a report published today. ``We see a modest slowdown rather than any recession,'' he told reporters yesterday.

``In 1990, the economic and fiscal situation was undoubtedly a lot worse than it is now,'' Martin Weale, director of Niesr, told reporters. ``Precedent by no means implies that Labour is doomed to lose the next election.''

The same two quotations stuck out in my mind too.

So, after a record-sized debt bubble popping, soaring input prices, rocketing energy prices, personal "wealth" destruction on a massive scale, bank bailouts a daily occurence, inflation from within and without, half the population employed by or in receipt of benefits from the government, all we're going to get is a soft landing.

Didn't they predict the same for the properdee market? :blink:

Didn't they predict the same for the properdee market? :blink:

Dunno what they told the press, but I met Martin at an event I was running last year (just over a year and a bit ago - the day Blair resigned, anyway), and he was pretty bearish on property.

Politician thinking about leaving job voluntarily......nope.

VMR.

I was watching a "last days of Hitler" program on t' history channel the other night and how Adolf was in denial up to the point where the Russians were witihin a city block of the bunker. Hours earlier he was still claiming that the war was going his way and that ultimate victory was at hand. No one ever dared tell him differently and all of the plots to date had failed for one reason or another. Not that history repeats, or that we should compare Gordon with the ex-Chancellor of Germany who was, after all, an egotistic maniac with designs to control everything and to expect no opposition...

Edited by Realistbear

I was watching a "last days of Hitler" program on t' history channel the other night and how Adolf was in denial up to the point where the Russians were witihin a city block of the bunker. Hours earlier he was still claiming that the war was going his way and that ultimate victory was at hand. No one ever dared tell him differently and all of the plots to date had failed for one reason or another. Not that history repeats, or that we should compare Gordon with the ex-Chancellor of Germany who was, after all, an egotistic maniac with designs to control everything and to expect no opposition...

I quite liked the Uniforms, maybe Gordon could have another makeover.

Seriously, wasnt it 3% growth for this year ( from last year) now its 1% and stays at that, yet raw materials are up hugely, finance is hard to get, so people are going to cut back, this means the expensive goods wont get sold, meaning liquidations, meaning more redundancies, meaning more finance losses, meaning more cutbacks.....

WHICH part of the economics am I missing? is it the sound fundamentals? must be, there is nothing else!

I saw something similar the other day.

The programme concentrated on what happened to Hitler's body after he poisoned / shot himself. Loyal followers tried to burn the body but scuttled when the Russians got close.

Apparently Stalin couldn't decide what to do with his body initially. So the Russian army buried it, but dug it up and took it with them every time they changed barracks! Eventually Stalin made the decision to dispose of it once and for all. It was burnt to ashes and flushed down the sewer.

A fitting end, some might say.

(For Hitler I meant!)