House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0q0

Daily Telegraph/the Sun "aliens Exist" Says Former Nasa Astronaut

Aliens exist, but NASA covers them up says astronaut

A former NASA astronaut who has walked on the moon has said aliens are not only real but have visited Earth several times.

By Ben Farmer

Last Updated: 4:45PM BST 24 Jul 2008

Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of several UFO visits during his career, but each one had been covered up.

The 77-year-old, who was a crew member of the Apollo 14 mission, said sources at the space agency had described aliens as resembling "little people who look strange to us".

Dr Mitchell told Kerrang! Radio that human technology was "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and had they been hostile, he warned: "We would be been gone by now".....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2453700/Al...-astronaut.html

I can just see the headlines soon...

BTL market revived by outer-space galaxylords

I was gazumped by little green woman from a planet called Allsop

Kirsty & Phil launch successor show to Location, Location, Location with new show, Planet, Plan it, Plan ET

Extra homes for extra-terrestrials, says Solar Systems Secretary

"Tax discs when they use our airspace!" claim local residents on alien housing estate

Martian bus drivers strike for equal pay, "The cost of living in North Finchley is ridiculous," said Bri, a Martian struggling to make ends meet on £450 a week now that the pound is at an all time low against the Martian Dollar. "Property prices in N12 are out of touch with reality, they really are out of orbit!" he added.

BALPA threatens walkout claiming ETs are being fast-tracked through pilot training

"We've known about extra terrestrials for a long time," says Barnet Council Highways official. "That's why our pedestrian crossings have been showing a little green man for all these years..."

sources at the space agency had described aliens as resembling "little people who look strange to us"

Is Barnsley an alien colony then? :o

Guest KingCharles1st

Theres nothing about them in Obama's speech?

Is Barnsley an alien colony then? :o

You are Bart of Darkness's regeneration into Prydonian Renegade and I claim my £5, ice-cream with flake, and kiss with a bikini-clad beauty.

But did he really go to the moon? Is a recomendation?

They probably had a look at the moon through binoculars, saw it was made of cheese, was already chavved-up and had a lousy atmosphere.

Guest anorthosite

Ed Mitchell is a complete loon who was doing highly dubious ESP experiments behind his commander's back on Apollo 14.

The work Mitchell and his commander did on the moon was some of the sloppiest, poorly executed and laziest of the entire Apollo programme. They did so badly many wanted to scrap the last 3 manned missions and send up robots instead.

You are Bart of Darkness's regeneration into Prydonian Renegade and I claim my £5, ice-cream with flake, and kiss with a bikini-clad beauty.

I'd contact FUBRA about the fiver, I can probably stump up for the ice cream with a flake, although you may have to settle for a kiss from a mankini clad DrBubb.

Now available on special offer at Play.com BTW.

They did so badly many wanted to scrap the last 3 manned missions and send up robots instead.

Emotively people (particularly tax-paying people) can relate more to missions involving human beings, and there are cases I'm sure where human beings are necessary.

Automated, robotic missions are probably better in most cases, certainly cheaper (no need for training or life support) and less dangerous to NASA staff. Trouble is, it's hard to get emotionally worked up about half a ton of metal landing on Mars.

Maybe they should design the robots to look like Wall-E? With cute voices to match.

Emotively people (particularly tax-paying people) can relate more to missions involving human beings, and there are cases I'm sure where human beings are necessary.

Automated, robotic missions are probably better in most cases, certainly cheaper (no need for training or life support) and less dangerous to NASA staff. Trouble is, it's hard to get emotionally worked up about half a ton of metal landing on Mars.

I agree,and if we use the politicians as guinea pigs,we'll certainly be emotionally worked up.

we'll be thrilled to see the back of them,if they do make it they will look like pioneers,but if they don't we won't really mind them exploring the outer reaches of the void instead.

...oops,slight miscalculation with the bearing guvnor!

Guest anorthosite

Maybe they should design the robots to look like Wall-E? With cute voices to match.

Robots aren't better than people, they're better than Ed Mitchell! The geologists who trained the astronauts frequently voiced their despair at Mitchell and his commander's attitude to their geological training, but as the commander was Alan Shepard, America's first man in space and a high ranker in the astronaut corp, no one could do anything about them.

The next (and final) three missions, Apollos 15, 16 and 17 did some amazing field work - the astronauts took the science very seriously and brought back asmaples and data that are still being worked on today.

Oh, and Dave Scott did the

on Apollo 15. On Apollo 14 they played golf...