House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
busgrw

Wanting To Spend £800k Building A Villa In Provence

Hi,

I am considering looking for a plot of land and building a villa in Provence and I would be very grateful for any advice that people could offer on this forum. Is this such a good idea as I would not like to lose any money on this (dont mind breaking even).

Ideally, I would love to live near the coast and because the Cote d'Azur is probably too expensive I am open to living anywhere down the coast towards Toulon (and further if it is worth it).

I suppose the main questions i'm looking answered are:

1 - Is it worth the money building my own villa?

2 - Will I lose money in the process?

3 - What sort of villa could I expect to build in this region?

Thanks for all your help.

;)

TROLL

Hi,

I am considering looking for a plot of land and building a villa in Provence and I would be very grateful for any advice that people could offer on this forum. Is this such a good idea as I would not like to lose any money on this (dont mind breaking even).

Ideally, I would love to live near the coast and because the Cote d'Azur is probably too expensive I am open to living anywhere down the coast towards Toulon (and further if it is worth it).

;)

When I were a lass, this type of post used to be greeted with a hearty chorus of....

AWOOGA

Edited by Mancghirl

When I were a lad (in t'olden days) you needed to have been around a fair while and made over hundred posts before being cheeky enough to ask mods if you could gear up to being one of them what could start threads. You applied, they sent it 'fore comittee, and t'verdict were handed down, yay or nay.

How on earth does a bloke on his second post go about bein' able to start threads?

Occurs to me, young 'uns, that if yer want to keep trolls off yer lovely forum, ye'd best not be giving absolute green newbies the right to kick off new threads an' all!

Hi,

;)

Why spend £800,000 on a villa in Provence, give me the money and i will put together a nice buy to let protfolio in little old England.

You could have a few nice off plan contermpary designed flats in Leeds , Birmingham, and Manchester. ( sorry apartments)

Then there is Ipswitch, and colchester in essex is a good long term investment.

Must add at least 1 in Stratford for the Olympics

Inside information from my friends in the know you know the type property experts and investors ,tell me that you can not go wrong with Croyden as there is so much inward investment planed for that area £25,000 deposit invested now in an off plan deal on a shity two bed two bath should be a no brainer winner in a few years time .

Then whilst your property is earning all the money for you while you lay on a beach somewhere ,how about a holiday home or two , 1 in Bulgaria and 1 on the cost a del sol should be good.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Ahahahaha!

I'll give you a fiver for it by Christmas.

Why spend £800,000 on a villa in Provence, give me the money and i will put together a nice buy to let protfolio in little old England.

You could have a few nice off plan contermpary designed flats in Leeds , Birmingham, and Manchester. ( sorry apartments)

Then there is Ipswitch, and colchester in essex is a good long term investment.

Must add at least 1 in Stratford for the Olympics

Inside information from my friends in the know you know the type property experts and investors ,tell me that you can not go wrong with Croyden as there is so much inward investment planed for that area £25,000 deposit invested now in an off plan deal on a shity two bed two bath should be a no brainer winner in a few years time .

Then whilst your property is earning all the money for you while you lay on a beach somewhere ,how about a holiday home or two , 1 in Bulgaria and 1 on the cost a del sol should be good.

No, no, come here and look at my lovely terraced houses in Burnley and Stoke on Trent @ 100k each. You can't lose. They never go down. Hang on, I've got some tulips and magic beans out the back.

are YOU dumb?
When I were a lad (in t'olden days) you needed to have been around a fair while and made over hundred posts before being cheeky enough to ask mods if you could gear up to being one of them what could start threads. You applied, they sent it 'fore comittee, and t'verdict were handed down, yay or nay.

How on earth does a bloke on his second post go about bein' able to start threads?

Occurs to me, young 'uns, that if yer want to keep trolls off yer lovely forum, ye'd best not be giving absolute green newbies the right to kick off new threads an' all!

You graced it with a reply.

No, no, come here and look at my lovely terraced houses in Burnley and Stoke on Trent @ 100k each. You can't lose. They never go down. Hang on, I've got some tulips and magic beans out the back.

Yes yes of course ,once he has the others all rented out and getting about 4.5% gross , I will speak to my broker friend and MEW the shit out of them and buy one or two up near you ,no make it five or six as houses at that price are a sure fire bet.Oh and shit sorry i forgot about Cardiff heard they are building a new shiny city by the bay .

Hi,

;)

With grace, generosity of spirit and civility: F%CK OFF

VP