House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bearfacts

Who Says The Property Market Is Slow ?!

Its a quiet bear day so I thought I'd post this from my local rag's property section. In the middle of all the properties for sale is a photo of one of the local EAs under the heading 'Who says the property market is slow ?!' . The obvious answer that sprang to mind was almost everyone you smug git. Made me shudder at first as I assumed they were still in denial but then I read on:

Mr X of X&X Estate Agents said " Despite a difficult market, we have recently agreed sales on 10 houses in 14 days. The secret is the seller being flexible on their aspirations of the selling price and us getting involved with negotiating their next purchase. It is true that the message is hard to accept, that your home is worth in some cases a lot less than it was 12 months ago, but if you are able to negotiate a keen price on the ongoing purchase , it is all relative.

Sing allelujah ! ... someone finally got it and is shouting it from the rooftops. now just need all the others to follow suit. This is the SE by the way.

Its a quiet bear day so I thought I'd post this from my local rag's property section. In the middle of all the properties for sale is a photo of one of the local EAs under the heading 'Who says the property market is slow ?!' . The obvious answer that sprang to mind was almost everyone you smug git. Made me shudder at first as I assumed they were still in denial but then I read on:

Mr X of X&X Estate Agents said " Despite a difficult market, we have recently agreed sales on 10 houses in 14 days. The secret is the seller being flexible on their aspirations of the selling price and us getting involved with negotiating their next purchase. It is true that the message is hard to accept, that your home is worth in some cases a lot less than it was 12 months ago, but if you are able to negotiate a keen price on the ongoing purchase , it is all relative.

Sing allelujah ! ... someone finally got it and is shouting it from the rooftops. now just need all the others to follow suit. This is the SE by the way.

Anyway, in terms of velocity, it is not slowing down, it is speeding up.

Well spotted though.

Now if only I could find the comforting message on the spring bounce from Boyce Thornton back in February saying that they had record numbers of buyers looking. Of course the flip side of that was that all these record buyers were also sellers who couldn't sell. :D

the latest one I heard was that around here, all the renters are now looking to come back into the market. This was from someone who had just put their house on the market, about 6 weeks ago. 1 viewing I think they had in the first 3 weeks. Since they haven't dropped the price, I doubt they got any more.