House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobthe~

What Has Happened To Bart Of Darkness

I noticed he is now Guest_Bart... and no longer a moderator.

I hope he is OK and I will sorely miss his 70's TV referencing.

Damn shame.

'Come back Chuck! Come back!'

(not the right 80s chewits ad, but the nearest I could find)

He's now got his own TV series and will be appearing in Jack And The Beanstalk at the Palace Theatre, Watford, this Xmas.

He is of course the hero.

Guest absolutezero

I note "The Oldie" has now become "Guest The Oldie".

What is going on?

He's now got his own TV series and will be appearing in Jack And The Beanstalk at the Palace Theatre, Watford, this Xmas.

He is of course the hero.

Not the principle boy I hope?

Bart has "regenerated" so to speak. My sig may give you a little clue. ;)

As to why he, The_Oldie, muttley and Charlie The Tramp requested that their accounts be deleted, well I can't say too much, suffice to say that something along the lines of "creative differences" with other administrative staff led to our parting of the ways.

Please continue to support Fancypants and Jason by reporting anything offensive, off-topic or just down right brimming over with wrongability.

Guest absolutezero

As to why he, The_Oldie, muttley and Charlie The Tramp requested that their accounts be deleted, well I can't say too much, suffice to say that something along the lines of "creative differences" with other administrative staff led to our parting of the ways.

Please continue to support Fancypants and Jason by reporting anything offensive, off-topic or just down right brimming over with wrongability.

I loved "The Parting of the Ways".

I'll miss having another Doctor Who geek on here.

Mate, I think your piccy gives it away more. :D

Glad to hear that "he" is OK.

And az, I used to be a bit of a Who geek.

Fortunateley my oung son is a fan and that gives me an excuse to dust off some old videos and take him through the history of Davros. Genesis the other day. Not too sure I want to bother with Destiny, Remembrance, Revelation or resurrection though - and I know they are not quite in order. :)

Mate, I think your piccy gives it away more. :D

:lol: Yes, one day I can look forward to looking like Peter Davison, I hear he was a popular Doc with the ladies (though not so much on-screen though---no hanky-panky in the TARDIS).

I once met Nicola Bryant (Miss Purple Bikini Brown herself) at a signing. Sat next to her was Sophie Aldred. That was a happy day.

Fortunately my young son is a fan and that gives me an excuse to dust off some old videos and take him through the history of Davros. Genesis the other day. Not too sure I want to bother with Destiny, Remembrance, Revelation or Resurrection though - and I know they are not quite in order. :)

I don't think I've ever known Doctor Who to be this popular, not only that, but "acceptable" to watch, even for adults. In the 80s part of the problem was that new generations of viewers weren't tuning in anymore.

I haven't seen most of those stories in a while, although your son may enjoy Resurrection (lots of action). Possibly Remembrance for the same reason.

I usually view the new series at a friends house. They have a 7 year old daughter who likes Doctor Who, but often finds it scary. Sometimes she'll sit on my lap and hug me for reassurance during the frightening bits. I knew then that a part of my life had turned full circle from the time I used to watch the series back in the mid-70s and would have nightmares about the Daleks.

I am hopping mad! *

I had guessed Prydonian Renegade was a regenrated BoD BEFORE I read the latest posts and confession on this thread.

I could swear and swear, now no one will believe my powers of deduction...

%@£$!

*or just mad.

I am hopping mad! *

I had guessed Prydonian Renegade was a regenrated BoD BEFORE I read the latest posts and confession on this thread.

I could swear and swear, now no one will believe my powers of deduction...

%@£$!

*or just mad.

I felt sure someone would suss it before too long, even without an admission from me.

If anyone questions you about it, feel free to quote the following:

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for The Last Bear and his accursed powers of deductive reasoning."

Seriously, thanks to all those who queried my absence, nice to know that some of you missed me.

I felt sure someone would suss it before too long, even without an admission from me.

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for The Last Bear and his accursed powers of deductive reasoning."

Seriously, thanks to all those who queried my absence, nice to know that some of you missed me.

I had wondered what the name meant, but didn't look up 'prydon' on Google until after the revelations of this thread. It all falls neatly into place now

Sorry, I thought you were A N Other returning troll.

If I'd known who it was I would have been far more respectful in my reply: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...806&hl=pant

Seemed like a fair response TBH, thee's always an element of self-publicising to stories like this.

On "Dead Ringers" the other day (BBC 7) they had a bit where someone comes for an interview on Radio 4 and doesn't have a book/excercise video/TV series to flog. Charlotte Green refuses to left them out of the studio unless they come up with at least the first few chapters of a book.

Guest absolutezero

I preferred the Jon Pertwee avatar...

He's definitely my favourite Doctor.

I preferred the Jon Pertwee avatar...

He's definitely my favourite Doctor.

Yeah, he was mine too (first Doctor and all that). At least thanks to the magic of things like UK Gold and DVD (or even, dare I say it, YouTube) we can enjoy his shows again.

Guest anorthosite
Yeah, he was mine too (first Doctor and all that). At least thanks to the magic of things like UK Gold and DVD (or even, dare I say it, YouTube) we can enjoy his shows again.

I had the pleasure of Genesis of the Daleks the other week thanks to one of those DVD rental sites. Destiny's next on the list.

I had the pleasure of Genesis of the Daleks the other week thanks to one of those DVD rental sites. Destiny's next on the list.

Destiny gets a lot of stick from the fans, but I don't think it's that bad myself.

Following on from a story like Genesis was always going to be tricky.

Destiny gets a lot of stick from the fans, but I don't think it's that bad myself.

Following on from a story like Genesis was always going to be tricky.

It has its moments.

btjunkie.org

Although obviously not as that would be worse than youtube. :)

Pertwee was mine too, although I did remember the first episode of Tomb, or rather the first part of it cos it was too scary at age 5 and my distress caused my gran to turn over to the Dick Van Dyke show. :ph34r:

Destiny is very poor and lazy imo, I think the golden age is probably Katy Manning to Liz Sladen, with the new seasons matching it.

Guest anorthosite

Well, I'm just glad your experience on the Planet of the Spiders ended safely.

Does this mean you won't be reversing the polarity of the neutron flow anytime soon?

Well, I'm just glad your experience on the Planet of the Spiders ended safely.

I tell you what, that's the last time I pick up an unofficial souvenir on Metabelis III. From now on I'm getting them from the "Eight Leg Emporium--Tibetan rugs a specialty" (AND keeping my receipt).

Does this mean you won't be reversing the polarity of the neutron flow anytime soon?

Sadly these days I have to get a trained electrician in to do that, Health & Safety regs and all that

Tsk, it wasn't like this in the 70s

Guest absolutezero
I tell you what, that's the last time I pick up an unofficial souvenir on Metabelis III. From now on I'm getting them from the "Eight Leg Emporium--Tibetan rugs a specialty" (AND keeping my receipt).

Sadly these days I have to get a trained electrician in to do that, Health & Safety regs and all that

Tsk, it wasn't like this in the 70s

Or was it the 80s?

Got to love the UNIT dating controversy...

Or was it the 80s?

Got to love the UNIT dating controversy...

Yes, nicely acknowledged in the recent series.

At the time I had the idea that it was the "near future" but the cars are a dead giveaway.

I recently said to a friend of mine that one of the things that perfectly summed up the 70s for me was a brown Austin Allegro. Not long after, I was given a copy of "The Hand of Fear" for my birthday. And what should Tom Baker arrive at the Nunton complex in?