House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tara747

Bank - Unwanted Advice

I was in the bank at lunchtime (opening an e-saver) and the advisor started advising me to buy a house ASAP!!! I said no, reiterated all the arguments from HPC etc. He then admitted that he'd bought a house in the last few months. I feel for the guy!

I was in the bank at lunchtime (opening an e-saver) and the advisor started advising me to buy a house ASAP!!! I said no, reiterated all the arguments from HPC etc. He then admitted that he'd bought a house in the last few months. I feel for the guy!

Even if someone starts the conversation about houses - I always ask people, if they own a house and when they bought? If I like them I usually keep quiet. If I don't care, I unload both barrels ;) I have got the power to make grown men cry! With this great power comes no responsibility :P

Tara what was the e-saver you opened?

Was it a good saving account?

NatWest - put in at least £100 pm for 12 months and you'll get £50 bonus. The IR is only 4.3% but the bonus makes it a better effective IR. I am doing it just to get the bonus (also opened First Direct a/c for £200 bonus, will keep it for 6-7 months and then pocket the cash and close the a/c).

Thanks for the advice Tara.

Would you keep an eye out for investments such as these?

Is there anywhere on this site where these can be posted? I keep regular contact with the Martin Lewis web site but find it a bit long winded at times.

Thanks for the advice Tara.

Would you keep an eye out for investments such as these?

Is there anywhere on this site where these can be posted? I keep regular contact with the Martin Lewis web site but find it a bit long winded at times.

No problem.

I usually pick up the tips on MSE, it is very useful for financial/saving advice. I don't usually bother with the house price threads though.

I'll have to open up one of those accounts.

I'll check out mse also, although if someone has a link to a page on mse that lists all these account offers, feel free to post it here.

I'll have to open up one of those accounts.

I'll check out mse also, although if someone has a link to a page on mse that lists all these account offers, feel free to post it here.

Just go onto their forum page and check out the 'Saving and Investing' and Budgeting and Current Accounts' forums. It is a mine of info and advice!