House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wannabe

House Prices Are Not Crashing.......

Link

Quote:

"The above should illustrate the problem with the mainstream media in that they fail to perform their own in depth analysis to determine trend in an unbiased manner, instead of which there is a mad quick dash to quickly re-publish press releases produced by those who have a vested interest in rising house prices. Thus the readers have been continually misled into a house price crash situation by which time it is too late to do anything about it once the mainstream media finally wakes up to the fact that house prices HAVE CRASHED !

Against this avalanche of mindlessly repeating the same BS, which manages to drown out important warnings based on the actual analysis of key drivers of house prices and as I warned of on 22nd of August 2007 -

Whatever you do, remember that today's Idyllic pleasant picture in the UK is very shortly in for a rude awakening, much as the US home owners are experiencing in increasing numbers. The bull market in housing is over for now, better to realize this now whilst you have the opportunity to do something about it rather than be forced into a decision later on."

Sellers need to wake up and smell the burning.

Link

Quote:

"The above should illustrate the problem with the mainstream media in that they fail to perform their own in depth analysis to determine trend in an unbiased manner, instead of which there is a mad quick dash to quickly re-publish press releases produced by those who have a vested interest in rising house prices. Thus the readers have been continually misled into a house price crash situation by which time it is too late to do anything about it once the mainstream media finally wakes up to the fact that house prices HAVE CRASHED !

Against this avalanche of mindlessly repeating the same BS, which manages to drown out important warnings based on the actual analysis of key drivers of house prices and as I warned of on 22nd of August 2007 -

Whatever you do, remember that today's Idyllic pleasant picture in the UK is very shortly in for a rude awakening, much as the US home owners are experiencing in increasing numbers. The bull market in housing is over for now, better to realize this now whilst you have the opportunity to do something about it rather than be forced into a decision later on."

Good HPC grit in your bones!

Gotta disagree though, it is already too late.

Link

Quote:

Not a very good report I feel one quote from it says "sellers are slashing prices".. I don't think theres any evidence that has started yet... but it will of course... the report goes on to say prices look lying ending the year 12% down yr on yr with yr on yr falls moderating to 5% in 2009 in pre-inflation adjusted terms...... it doesn't say if they'll continue into 2010.

So in essence the report appears to be at the conservative end of what a lot on here feel.. I am more conservative than most and feel we'll go beyond where the report suggests... ie 17% pre-inflation adjustment end 2009... I had put it in the 20% category.

Good HPC grit in your bones!

Gotta disagree though, it is already too late.

Yeah, know what you mean.

I've just taken a £35k (9%) hit on selling mine. Should have sold last year (May) but wife was offered 12 month contract at £70/hr so decided to sit tight.

Thankfully we complete in 7 days, so I'll be looking for a home for my proceeds from now on...

Edited by Wannabe

Yeah, know what you mean.

I've just taken a £35k (9%) hit on selling mine. Should have sold last year (May) but wife was offered 12 month contract at £70/hr so decided to sit tight.

Thankfully we complete in 7 days, so I'll be looking for a home for my proceeds from now on...

Find a home for the proceeds before you complete .

Saves a load of "proof of Id hoop jumping" from your new address .

Find a home for the proceeds before you complete .

Saves a load of "proof of Id hoop jumping" from your new address .

Already got 4 accounts ready and waiting, but thanks for the heads up. Good advice...

Link

Quote:

This MarketOracle chap is awfully bullish

Just look at those charts predicting prices rising again in early 2009.

I posted one in the Northampton forum where it sold in auction a couple of weeks ago for £142k, yet the house next door (exact same housetype/floorplan) are still asking £230k. And this wasnt a newbuild flat, rather a 1980s detached. It even sold for less in Jun 2008 than it did in Aug 2002 (£151k). Thats 6 years of Boomtime and it still made a loss. Im thinking despite being so soon into the crash i should of maybe bid on that, ideally id like to pick up something similar for under the stamp duty level, but the more i think of it a spacious 4 bed detached house for £142k is cheap.

Still not seeing as many houses come to auction as i would like though, it stills seem mostly BTL studio rubbish and old things falling down, id really like to see more modern family homes come up at auction.

Just goes to show though, if thats how much family homes can fall by, what sort of falls will flats suffer? 70, 80, 90%?

Guest An Bearin Bui
This MarketOracle chap is awfully bullish

Just look at those charts predicting prices rising again in early 2009.

I hope he's wrong - otherwise it'll be the mother of all bull traps and there'll be a deluge of press releases from Assetzzzzz telling all and sundry to jump back in, quick before prices resume their inexorable ascent towards 20 x the average income.

This is what happenend in 2005: it seemed as if the market was moderating and if it had, the market would probably have stabilised into a rate of steady but not shocking decline. Then the BoE had to go and cut interest rates and the market shot off again into insane terrirtory. This is when prices really departed from all fundamentals- we face another run of that kind of mania if his predictions on 2009 are right. In the end the longer they put off the crash, the worse it will have to be.