House Price Crash Forum

Gas Safety Certificate - Landlord Pays

0q0

HOLA441

Assuming no work needs to be done, how much should a CORGI engineer charge to check a flat's gas for the certificate?

I was thinking that if canvassing vendors to let their home to me instead of selling, this is yet another obstacle for them but has to be done, along with their changing their insurance etc and checking that their mortgage co doesn't mind them having a tenant in.

HOLA442
Assuming no work needs to be done, how much should a CORGI engineer charge to check a flat's gas for the certificate?

I was thinking that if canvassing vendors to let their home to me instead of selling, this is yet another obstacle for them but has to be done, along with their changing their insurance etc and checking that their mortgage co doesn't mind them having a tenant in.

It about £75 in london, insurance is not much more than current building insurance and most Mortgage companies either charge a small rate rise (0.1-0.5%) and fee (circa £250) to change the details on the computer!!

The downside of course is if you let your house the soonest you could legally get it back if you pulled all the stops out and went to court is 9 months, this could be a problem if you are actually need to sell at any price

HOLA443
HOLA444
It about £75 in london, insurance is not much more than current building insurance and most Mortgage companies either charge a small rate rise (0.1-0.5%) and fee (circa £250) to change the details on the computer!!

The downside of course is if you let your house the soonest you could legally get it back if you pulled all the stops out and went to court is 9 months, this could be a problem if you are actually need to sell at any price

Just remember that their may be issues with their mortgage (i.e. it may restrict letting the property).

This may be more of a deal-breaker.

Thanks folks.

HOLA445