House Price Crash Forum
markinspain

Watching A Film At The Cinema?

Shock horror.

In the old days a member of staff would be the cinema screening for most of the show.

It's only cost cutbacks that have led to the use of cctv.

Shock horror.

In the old days a member of staff would be the cinema screening for most of the show.

It's only cost cutbacks that have led to the use of cctv.

Exactly. £3000 for a camera trained on an audience is cheaper than a staff member. But it is still not on. The same logic is applied to Policing, which as we know is largely absent on urban streets (they are all in cars chasing motorists). Nearly all surveillance starts as a claimed crime preventer, but cameras almost never prevent crime and rarely assist in solving it, in contrast to he wild claims made. Every single new development in CCTV technology has ended up being used, at least partially, for purposes OTHER than the original intention.

Just as other personal data, which is now freely marketed, exchanged and sold on to almost anyone who wants it, CCTV footage is already becoming a marketing tool among institutions who want the footage for means quite separate from crime prevention.

VP

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

The only way to get around this invasion of privacy is for everyone to go to the cinema naked, carrying camcorders which don't have tapes in, pretending to video the film.

people freedom is erroding, if you have BT, virgin, talktalk, orange or tiscalli and another company then your being watched and your details passed over to bmi, better start to change isp.

Guest anorthosite

I can safely say, without any doubt, that when I'm watching a film, I have nothing to hide. This doesn't bother me anywhere nearly as much as CCTV on the streets does.

What has it come to when you can't have a shifty ***** at the pictures?

Roy 'Chubby' Brown observed:

'A mate told me if I went to see Schindler's List at the cinema, to take plenty of Kleenex.

I did so

And I can tell you, there's very little to w**k over in that bloody film....