House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
US Citizen

Who Cares About House Prices

In the part of Lancashire where I live we have had the following in the past 24 months :

1) High Speed Track Rail Improvements :

New track is being laid down about 200 meters from where I live that have kept us awake until 2pm every night for months now. This will allow trains to go from Preston to Manchester and on to the South of England to decrease travel times from 2.5 hours to 1.45 hours from Preston to London Euston (almost commutable). The track will allow for a new style of train to be quieter so we are told, but the work is loud and disruptive.

2) A bypass is underway from the extension of the M65 to connect to the M55 (Preston South - Blackpool) bypassing the M6 altogether will start in February. This will again disrupt our lives even further and a lot more traffic will rip through the Lancashire Countryside where I live.

3) A giant waste recycling plant is being buit less 1 mile from my home, will I can only imagine will smell like hell and will cause more disruption.

4) A nuclear testing plant is being proposed in Preston, which will no doubt increase my chances of getting cancer.

5) A new runway is being proposed at Warton, for handling cargo for UPS, I happen to live right underneath the flight path of planes just about the land.

6) The national grid have just finished installing electrical pylons just 30 meters above the property, again need I mention the cancer issue.

7) The South Ribble Council (Conservative) have just annouced that bin collections will move to 4 weekly cycle for grey bins. (General waste)

Oh yes and the creme de la creme, the road outside our home floods everytime it rains and thats pretty much everyday and Lancashire County Council say we are on a 18 month waiting list, we have been offered (and accepted) free sandbags.

So my question is who cares about house prices ?

Not me, my home is only worth something to me. An Englishmens home is his castle and I have no intention of selling.

Why ? I have somewhere to live, crime is low, I have great views for now, as long as I ignore the mobile phone mast stuck to the side of a electrical pylon and I have come to accept this is a plan to break people like me. Well I am broken, I submit. I declare the next time theres a housing boom and I come on and join a website called housepricecrash.co.uk, I will just keep my big mouth shut.

In the meantime, who cares about house prices . . . when you have a cat in hell's chance of selling even if you want. I'm getting on with life.

Goodnight and God Bless. . . . Stop that drill NETWORK RAIL PLEASE !!!

Edited by debt-free

1) High Speed Track Rail Improvements :

New track is being laid down about 200 meters from where I live that have kept us awake until 2pm every night for months now. This will allow trains to go from Preston to Manchester and on to the South of England to decrease travel times from 2.5 hours to 1.45 hours from Preston to London Euston (almost commutable). The track will allow for a new style of train to be quieter so we are told, but the work is loud and disruptive.

2) A bypass is underway from the extension of the M65 to connect to the M55 (Preston South - Blackpool) bypassing the M6 altogether will start in February. This will again disrupt our lives even further and a lot more traffic will rip through the Lancashire Countryside where I live.

3) A giant waste recycling plant is being buit less 1 mile from my home, will I can only imagine will smell like hell and will cause more disruption.

4) A nuclear testing plant is being proposed in Preston, which will no doubt increase my chances of getting cancer.

5) A new runway is being proposed at Warton, for handling cargo for UPS, I happen to live right underneath the flight path of planes just about the land.

6) The national grid have just finished installing electrical pylons just 30 meters above the property, again need I mention the cancer issue.

NIMBY :P;)

NIMBY :P;)

IMBY

In my back yard everythings going on. The only thing missing is the travelling community, they decided the quality of life here is a little on the noisy side.

Jeez, and I moan about my neighbours cos they don't like the fact I am slightly tardy about cutting the lawn and trimming the hedges! Sounds grim to me. Reaffirms my belief that renting is the only way though - at least I only have to give a months notice to up and go...

Re house prices. Are there any bears out there who could comment on my post in the" how low will they go "section of important topics, on the main forum page please. Losing hope fast :(

Thanks in Anticipation uptherams

Jeez, and I moan about my neighbours cos they don't like the fact I am slightly tardy about cutting the lawn and trimming the hedges! Sounds grim to me. Reaffirms my belief that renting is the only way though - at least I only have to give a months notice to up and go...

My Father used to say, always look on the bright side of life (Big Monty Python Fan).

Soon I will be able to travel to Blackpool in minutes to play the slot machine, or I can take the train to London in 1.45 hours. I already get 5 bars on my mobile phone from the mast and if my bin gets full I can drive down the road and dump the rubbish in a waste plant. I dont need to spend thousands on a swimming pool because I will be constantly knee deep in water everyday and if I the contentment of knowing that I will be instantly vaporised by the nuclear testing facility should there ever be an accident caused by low flying aircraft landing at the cargo airport.

;)

Re house prices. Are there any bears out there who could comment on my post in the" how low will they go "section of important topics, on the main forum page please. Losing hope fast :(

Thanks in Anticipation uptherams

The housing market has gone to hell in a basket. One year on from credit crunch and sentiment in the housing market has changed from wildly optimistic to not a chickens chance in Thailand. It doesnt really matter about all of the above. Only a fool would buy now and the sheeple know it, it will take a lot to change their minds back.

The housing market has gone to hell in a basket. One year on from credit crunch and sentiment in the housing market has changed from wildly optimistic to not a chickens chance in Thailand. It doesnt really matter about all of the above. Only a fool would buy now and the sheeple know it, it will take a lot to change their minds back.

No doubt some smug annoying wide boy property developers have lost the shirt of their backs which is a good thing, but on the other hand some hard working honest families have had the rug pulled out from under their feet which is not what most had wanted from the downturn/crash.

Even BTL were mainly hard working tax paying famalies who saw the price rise as an oppotunity to maybe bring their own retirements forward a few years. A bit of greed maybe but more likely they were thinking they don't want to be left behind miss out.

4) A nuclear testing plant is being proposed in Preston

A somewhat extreme solution to the town's problems methinks.

mushroom-cloud1.jpg

or I can take the train to London in 1.45 hours

Look on the bright side, it also means that you can get back out of London so much quicker.