House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flatdog

Bbc Radio 2 17:30 Today

My apologies for not being able to provide an immediate link (what is it with the beeb?)...but I heard a fellow from 'Which' being interviewed and...jeez..it was just like having EP on the radio.

The guy trashed EAs/moneylenders and advised would be borrowers to not trust them and do their own research.

EP totally vindicated IMO....NOT THAT HE NEEDS IT :P

My apologies for not being able to provide an immediate link (what is it with the beeb?)...but I heard a fellow from 'Which' being interviewed and...jeez..it was just like having EP on the radio.

The guy trashed EAs/moneylenders and advised would be borrowers to not trust them and do their own research.

EP totally vindicated IMO....NOT THAT HE NEEDS IT :P

Wasn't me guv!!!!

BTW! -- 46 out of 50 of the Mortgage "Advisers" that WHICH magazine approached for FTB advice gave THE WRONG/POOR advice................. SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited!!!! Only 4/50 gave "good" advice!!!

Edited by eric pebble

Wasn't me guv!!!!

BTW! -- 4 out of 50 of the Mortgage "Advisers" that WHICH magazine approached for FTB advice gave THE WRONG/POOR advice................. SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

were those 4 tied to Foxtons / Alexander Hall?

Just to clarify, the figures quoted were that only 4 out of 50 advisors gave good service and that only 15 of 50 bothered to do a thorough check if the buyer could actually afford the mortgage they were applying for.

Or, to put it another way, if this sample is representative then 92% of advisors do not give good service and 70% of FTB mortgages are granted without checking the applicant's ability to pay.

Its nice to know the property market is built on such strong fundamentals.

I was just listening to the news and heared about the Darwin's 6 year jail term

BBC Article - Darwins get 6 years

So a couple get 6 years for 250K fraud... hmmm so how long should some of these financial advisors and idiots that lied on their self cert forms get in the clink?... many have defrauded considerably more than 250K

When is some action going to be taken? :angry:

Edit: spelling and grammar and clarity

Edited by Bubble&Squeak

Just to clarify, the figures quoted were that only 4 out of 50 advisors gave good service and that only 15 of 50 bothered to do a thorough check if the buyer could actually afford the mortgage they were applying for.

Or, to put it another way, if this sample is representative then 92% of advisors do not give good service and 70% of FTB mortgages are granted without checking the applicant's ability to pay.

Its nice to know the property market is built on such strong fundamentals.

Confirmed.

Gold Radio 4.45.pm said today Which found only 1 in 10 mortgage advisers gave adequate information to young couples posing as naive FTB's, and 'most seemed more interested in selling insurance, even if their customers don't need it'.

What a useless, shameless crowd of spivs.