House Price Crash Forum

Working Lunch, Wednesday July 23

HOLA441

I think today's Working Lunch (at least the first half of it) is probably worth a watch if you haven't seen it already. (Working Lunch website.)

There's a representative of bankers struggling (but failing) to defend the banking industry both from the show's hosts (including saying that the banks are not unwilling to lend -- but that the drop in mortgage approvals is because no one wants mortgages) and from someone from Which? who's done a survey that says 90+% of mortgage advisers are giving wrong advice. Also, not to be missed, is some EA (or representative) asserting that the house price correction is now over and that buyers shouldn't continue to put their lives on hold -- and buy right away.

Edit: Typos and things.

Additional edit: I've just checked the Working Lunch site, and I can't see today's programme up there on Watch Again yet... Am I just looking in the wrong place, or does it not get released until later?

Additional additional edit! Apparently: "Programmes are normally available to watch around three hours after broadcast."

Edited by Ologhai Jones

HOLA442
I think today's Working Lunch (at least the first half of it) is probably worth a watch if you haven't seen it already. (Working Lunch website.)

There's a representative of bankers struggling (but failing) to defend the banking industry both from the show's hosts (including saying that the banks are not unwilling to lend -- but that the drop in mortgage approvals is because no one wants mortgages) and from someone from Which? who's done a survey that says 90+% of mortgage advisers are giving wrong advice. Also, not to be missed, is some EA (or representative) asserting that the house price correction is now over and that buyers shouldn't continue to put their lives on hold -- and buy right away.

EDIT: Typos and things.

And the fact the representative from the association of estate agents was not even challenged when giving such dangerous advice made my blood boil. Just a simple quote of Halifax figures would of proved the guy completely wrong, but that's too much to ask from the BBC these days. The guy also said people should "stop putting their lives on hold"! Unfortunately that is something many people have been forced to do for the last few years, and nothing has changed now except the BTLers have vanished. Made a complaint to the show . Anyone thinking of doing the same, here's their contact details: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/work...nch/6034907.stm

HOLA443

Today's Working Lunch appears to be available for Watch Again now!

Enjoy! (And don't pop a vein...) ;)

Edit: Oh, bottom! It's been added to the Watch Again list, but it looks like it's still being prepared. Hey ho. After all this waiting, it can only be a disappointment now! :)

Edited by Ologhai Jones

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Also, not to be missed, is some EA (or representative) asserting that the house price correction is now over and that buyers shouldn't continue to put their lives on hold -- and buy right away.

Shouldn't this read "The EAs life is on hold or over whilst potenetial Buyers are enjoying life watching prices drop and smiling with glee "

The cheek of it are the majority of this website life on hold ??? I am sitting with glee with 30K to 40K I have save by not buying in 2007 and watching the price drops with laughter. BRING IT ON

HOLA448
Shouldn't this read "The EAs life is on hold or over whilst potenetial Buyers are enjoying life watching prices drop and smiling with glee "

The cheek of it are the majority of this website life on hold ??? I am sitting with glee with 30K to 40K I have save by not buying in 2007 and watching the price drops with laughter. BRING IT ON

Why are lives on hold when we're not buying houses? :huh:

My life is about to go into overdrive - Baby due in less than a month :o

HOLA449
HOLA4410