House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Rise In Alcohol -related Illnesses.

Guest AuntJess

The doubling of alcohol-related ailments can scarcely be a shock to those of us who have stood as witnesses all these years.For the young - drink is one of many ways to escape the reality that is now upon us.

Watered -down quals.... followed by no jobs available - full-strength quals or not - No affordable housing; bills on the up; crime rampant; overcrowded towns and cities as incomers rush to jump on the 'rip-off Britain' gravy-train and then...to top it all off, 24 hour drinking laws. :o

Personally I am surprised that the 'yoof' of today aren't all mainlining heroin. How else can one escape the debacle that is life in Britain? :blink: Especially as it is next to impossible to get into any decent country without money or decent quals.

The doubling of alcohol-related ailments can scarcely be a shock to those of us who have stood as witnesses all these years.For the young - drink is one of many ways to escape the reality that is now upon us.

Watered -down quals.... followed by no jobs available - full-strength quals or not - No affordable housing; bills on the up; crime rampant; overcrowded towns and cities as incomers rush to jump on the 'rip-off Britain' gravy-train and then...to top it all off, 24 hour drinking laws. :o

Personally I am surprised that the 'yoof' of today aren't all mainlining heroin. How else can one escape the debacle that is life in Britain? :blink: Especially as it is next to impossible to get into any decent country without money or decent quals.

this is how communism works.

Most of the former soviet bloc are EXTREMELY heavy drinkers,it would put us lot to shame.

let that be a lesson of what 90 years of the b0llocks that blair/brown/milliband & co can do to ones mental health,let alone the liver.

is that a road we really want to go down??

this is how communism works.

Most of the former soviet bloc are EXTREMELY heavy drinkers,it would put us lot to shame.

let that be a lesson of what 90 years of the b0llocks that blair/brown/milliband & co can do to ones mental health,let alone the liver.

is that a road we really want to go down??

Too late!

Here we go.......

The insidious creep of more regulation.

This is how it started for smoking..... won't be long before it's so hard to get a drink, in the interests of your health, of course, that you'll give up, and become a more Productive Worker and less of a burden on the NHS. But your NI contributions won't drop. However your tax will rise, to make up for the shortfall in alcohol tax revenue.

Then it will be the fatties, then the meat eaters, then the drivers (although that's ongoing) then parents etc. etc. And pretty soon, you'll live in a box, go and produce goods for the rich during the day, and then climb back in your box for a state approved drug induced "sleep", ready for the next day... and the next....

The worrying thing about all of this for all of us who do not live the ideal NuLab lifestyle (smokers or non-smokers) is the potential tie into ID card use.

There was an "idea" a few months ago from one of the rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth anti-smokers to make smokers pay a licence to buy ciggies. Whether you are sold ciggies could depend on whether the correct box is ticked on your ID card showing that you have such a licence.

Remember the idea to tax us for CO2 use linked to ID card usage? The exact same could be done for drinking ("sorry sir, the computer is telling me you have bought more than 21 units this week. I can't sell you the beer for your own protection) and food ("sorry sir, you'll have to add some more fruit and veg to your shopping basket and put back those sausages. Your diet this week has not been healthy enough, according to the computer. It's for your own protection").

It won't happen overnight. It took 40 years of lies and propoganda to make people believe the passive smoking was bad. So much so, ASH have said, and it was accepted without question by our glorious leaders, that "there is no safe level of exposure to tobacco smoke" - that's obviously ridiculous. Poison is all about the dosage and not the ingredient - one can die a lot faster by drinking too much water too quickly than one can smoke oneself to death.

Drinkers, drivers, lovers of food. Your time is coming. It isn't pleasant being villified by the government and the sheeple who believe everything the government tell them. My best wishes to all of you, even those of you who don't like smoking or smokers and couldn't see the slippery slope (or didn't want to). :(

Guest anorthosite
This is how it started for smoking..... won't be long before it's so hard to get a drink, in the interests of your health, of course, that you'll give up, and become a more Productive Worker and less of a burden on the NHS. But your NI contributions won't drop. However your tax will, to make up for the shortfall in alcohol tax revenue.

Yes, those 24 hour drinking laws were a real restriction, weren't they?

I think we can expect to see those laws revised soon enough, especially with the coming-in of a "Conservative" "government".

It is my belief that NuLab regrets bringing those laws in - not because of the effects but because of the hysterical whining of some parts of the press and the professional prohibitionists paid by the Government and Big Pharma to lobby them.

If you can find a pub......

If you can find a pub......give it a few more years and there'll be one or two per town.

Personally, I don't know they do it. They stuff themselves with drink until late evening which must cost them a fortune, then go to the clubs and binge that cost them a fortune. I wonder where I go wrong as I sit here with my half of guiness

24 hour drinking? I dunno, I can only manage 8 or 9 hours at the most before falling over.

Who needs pubs when there's supermarkets/mini-marts crammed with cheap booze.

Guest anorthosite
I think we can expect to see those laws revised soon enough, especially with the coming-in of a "Conservative" "government".

Any evidence to back this up? Scotland's had 24 hour drinking for years, will it be revoked there as well?

Guest anorthosite

If you ever got out the house and into the real world, you'd see that there are pubs all over the place. Its not something we have any real shotage of.

Guest anorthosite
No, just a feeling. Is Scotland's law exactly the same as England's, btw?

I have no idea what England's law is, so I can't comment. But as Scotland's entire legal system is different to England's, you can assume there are differences in the drinking laws.

If you ever got out the house and into the real world, you'd see that there are pubs all over the place. Its not something we have any real shotage of.

If you go out of the house you might notice that the pubs are dying on their feet.

There will be one or two left out of dozens in each town. NuLab are really good at manipulating the environment to get people to behave the way they want. It's hard to resist structural changes, although the lack of choice is felt and the disatisfaction is real enough.

No small shops result supermarkets

No small pubs result superpubs

No Small supermarkets result Superstores

NWO inc

As one conspircy therist ghost said to the other "You've been watching Poltagiest again"

No small shops result supermarkets

No small pubs result superpubs

No Small supermarkets result Superstores

NWO inc

As one conspircy therist ghost said to the other "You've been watching Poltagiest again"

Reduce the avenues of the supply of essentials to a few outlets and then you'll need a RFID tag and ID card to get in.

You won't be forced to have one, oh no. No one is forced to shop at tesco, you can shop elsewhere - like at asda for example.

Reduce the avenues of the supply of essentials to a few outlets and then you'll need a RFID tag and ID card to get in.

You won't be forced to have one, oh no. No one is forced to shop at tesco, you can shop elsewhere - like at asda for example.

Isn't there anything that isn't part of some overarching plan by a wealthy elite, I mean, do things just, y'know, happen. All by themselves.

Cos if everything is controlled, these people doing this are obviously far smarter than normal, fallible human beings, and I think we should be grateful that they're there to run things for us because I'm sure they do a better job.

Embrace the NWO!

Guest anorthosite
If you go out of the house you might notice that the pubs are dying on their feet.

There will be one or two left out of dozens in each town. NuLab are really good at manipulating the environment to get people to behave the way they want. It's hard to resist structural changes, although the lack of choice is felt and the disatisfaction is real enough.

Are they really? Have you checked their accounts? Have you done this across the country?

Are they really? Have you checked their accounts? Have you done this across the country?

No need to.

Wait and see.

Guest anorthosite
No need to.

Wait and see.

So do pubs actually exist?

Guest anorthosite
No, actually.

Not even if they last for more than 5 minutes?

Not even if they last for more than 5 minutes?

No. :)

People will stop believing in them soon as well.