House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Nationwide Server Down

Just been in to pay a pittance of mortgage and they couldn't process it as the server is down.

Has the meltdown begun??? :)

No, they probably just got the same people that designed the NHS computer system to service their IT systems.

No, they probably just got the same people that designed the NHS computer system to service their IT systems.

Actually, they have always had some pretty good and forward thinking IT boys working there. I had considered working there but I can't work in a greenhouse! :unsure: Too much glass in their HQ. Nice ladies though ;)

Actually, they have always had some pretty good and forward thinking IT boys working there. I had considered working there but I can't work in a greenhouse! :unsure: Too much glass in their HQ. Nice ladies though ;)

Surely just working in Swindon would be bad enough.

If you have a Nationwide credit card and pay at a bank you should allow 2 working days for them to get the money. If you go into a Nationwide branch and pay your Nationwide credit card with cash you have to allow a working week before your account is credited. :huh:

I always thought they were crap payers - you get what you pay for. Every time I have been in, in the last two weeks, their system has been either down or going slow.

I always thought they were crap payers - you get what you pay for. Every time I have been in, in the last two weeks, their system has been either down or going slow.

Thinking about it - I am 10 years out of date. They used to pay good contract rates back then. Oh well.

Maybe because they have been signing up an awful lot of customers lately. They have been seen as a safe haven compared to say B&B, A&L etc.. Their system might not have been able to take the strain.

I read they are having problems processing transactions due to inadequate funding and are being isolated from the banking community until they get their funding in order. Being one of the largest UK mortgage lenders they are very exposed to the current crash and are being isolated due to solvency issues.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f93fc9ec-57d9-11...ionwide-default

I read they are having problems processing transactions due to inadequate funding and are being isolated from the banking community until they get their funding in order. Being one of the largest UK mortgage lenders they are very exposed to the current crash and are being isolated due to solvency issues.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f93fc9ec-57d9-11...ionwide-default

Hi,

Your link doesn't refer to Nationwide. :)

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f93fc9ec-57d9-11"]http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f93fc9ec-57d9-11...ide-default

Hi,

Your link doesn't refer to Nationwide. :)

:lol: What a douche. Nice try.

Edited by domo

read between the lines and you will see.

I don't understand. The headline in the link you provided is "US banks borrow $50bn via new Fed facility." It's a bit of a worrying article (makes a change!) but I don't understand what it's got to do with Nationwide.

EDIT: forget that, now it's asking me to log-in, so I can't actually see the article.

Edited by jmoid

From my brief experience with the nationwide, before I changed current accounts pronto, their IT infrastructure is crap. I tried to make a Chaps payment once in branch only to be told their servers were down, that cost me a day's interest. Sorry but I wasn't impressed and didn't stay with them long.