House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bearsrus

76 Day Holiday Starts Today

the summer break from the bar at west minister begins today, i was wondering is 11 weeks enough time for the MPs to take advantage of all the free villas ,1st class travel perks provided by their big business masters in return for advantageous law and tax changes brought in during the last term ?

the summer break from the bar at west minister begins today, i was wondering is 11 weeks enough time for the MPs to take advantage of all the free villas ,1st class travel perks provided by their big business masters in return for advantageous law and tax changes brought in during the last term ?

I think that they'll be back before the 11 weeks is up for an emergency session, myself.

I think that they'll be back before the 11 weeks is up for an emergency session, myself.

I wonder if Gordon will leave his keys with a neighbour?

I wander how much the Property Market and the Economy has CRASHED whilst they are away.

Sound Economy : MYTH BUSTED

Edited by joey

Thanks for the warning of the VIP MP arrival - I shall get a posse of cutlass wielding maniac bandits ready to attack each villa - I was thinking of: Lib Dem MPs get 1 OAP bandit with a kitchen knife who burgles when they are on the beach, harmlessly; Conservative MPs get 2 middle aged bandits with 1 cutlass and 1 screwdriver who sneak in while they are asleep and steal everything of value while taking a dump in the middle of the living room floor; while Labour MPs get an all-singing all-dancing VIP reception party of 3 young crack-crazed empathy-free cutlass wielding maniac bandits who deliberately break in while the family is present and commit hari-kari. Or am I being too harsh?

It's not so much the politicians who'll be missed but the "deciders" in the City who will be joining them for their hols also.

When markets are volatile, the junior lackey who is left holding the fort is not the best to make the necessary call. Be it on FX, shares, oil etc.

I expect some big events in the next 4-5 weeks to hit town and for the markets to panic, leading to some sort of mini-crisis. Happened last year and recent summers have not been quiet affairs. We can talk all we want about global markets , computers etc, but if the boss is on an island with a big cigar and a G&T......... :D

Thanks for the warning of the VIP MP arrival - I shall get a posse of cutlass wielding maniac bandits ready to attack each villa - I was thinking of: Lib Dem MPs get 1 OAP bandit with a kitchen knife who burgles when they are on the beach, harmlessly; Conservative MPs get 2 middle aged bandits with 1 cutlass and 1 screwdriver who sneak in while they are asleep and steal everything of value while taking a dump in the middle of the living room floor; while Labour MPs get an all-singing all-dancing VIP reception party of 3 young crack-crazed empathy-free cutlass wielding maniac bandits who deliberately break in while the family is present and commit hari-kari. Or am I being too harsh?

You sound like a very fair and reasonable man. :)

and commit hari-kari

So long as they do that after committing acts of unspeakable violence and deviancy on the said MPs, that sounds quite reasonable. Merely disemboweling themselves in front of their victims seems a bit lenient to me.

So long as they do that after committing acts of unspeakable violence and deviancy on the said MPs, that sounds quite reasonable. Merely disemboweling themselves in front of their victims seems a bit lenient to me.

Silly me! Despite my detailed knowledge of history (and modesty) I overlooked the fatal flaw in my plan (ie of scary but suicidal bandits) and hereby wish to substitute the words "mayhem and heinous assaults" for "hari kari"! Thanks for pointing out this flaw.