House Price Crash Forum
dredwerker

Property Bee Experts

I remember seeing a thread whereby somebody suggested that you dont have to click on all the pages for property bee but you could enter the urls in such a way that it would return them all. Instead of x per page.

Anyone remember? - it would save some tedium and maybe Jonathh wouldn't have his name on all the initial finds in Brighton :) Even though he was a latecomer to propertybee.

Don't know about that, but you can use the iMacros add-in for Firefox. "Record" yourself clicking "Next" once you have pulled up the first page of your search. Then run the macro on a loop.

Don't know about that, but you can use the iMacros add-in for Firefox. "Record" yourself clicking "Next" once you have pulled up the first page of your search. Then run the macro on a loop.

Wot he said.. but there are a few little niggles with using RM on iMacros.

Below is an exact list of what you should do. Its long but once you've done it, it'll work forever ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go here and get iMacros https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3863

Install it.

A new button will appear in the top panel.

Surf to RMove.

Enter your search details - (best to leave em all as they are, except tick the Sold box too!)

Now click though manually to the first page of the results.

Now click the iMacros button at the top of your screen and a new panel will open on the left hand side.

Highlight (click once) the 'Current.iim' name in the top section.

In the lower section click the 'Edit' tab.

Now select 'Edit Macro'.

A new file opens.

Delete all the text in that window and replace it with this -

VERSION BUILD=6050612 RECORDER=FX

TAB T=1

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Next<SP>»

Now, THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT, save the open file as say Rightmove but NOTE

The default save setting is .txt you must change this to 'All Files' otherwise the file will save as a .txt file.

After saving go back to the 'Edit' tab (bottom half of screen)

Click 'Refresh Macro List' and your new 'Rightmove' Macro should appear.

Highlight the new macro.

Finally, in the bottom half of the screen select the 'Play' tab.

If you select 'Play' it will play the Macro once.

Its best to select 'Play (Loop)' and select a max setting, say 300.

Now, everytime you use RM, on any search, you have a ready-made macro that will click through for you. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you got any questions ask below.

Edited by needle

Hi,

Is anyone able to inform me how to remove properties from the sidebar in PB, it is getting a little congested.

Many thanks in advance.

STR APR 08

Below is an exact list of what you should do. Its long but once you've done it, it'll work forever ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install it.

Surf to RMove.

Enter your search details - (best to leave em all as they are, except tick the Sold box too!)

Now click the iMacros button at the top of your screen and a new panel will open on the left hand side.

A new file opens.

The default save setting is .txt you must change this to 'All Files' otherwise the file will save as a .txt file.

Highlight the new macro.

Now, everytime you use RM, on any search, you have a ready-made macro that will click through for you. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Can someone tell me how to use a computor plz? kthnx.

Is there any way of getting the bee to say which properties have gone off the market (sold etc) since last update?

I clicked through that whole thing... the lady looks like one of my housemates.

Utterly mind-numbing until you get to the point where they reach the little mini "spook the celebrity" game with Steve Irwin jokes, and then it's bloody hilariously offensive for the BBC. Must have been coded before he died.

"Struth, I think it bit me!" :lol:

Edited by DementedTuna

Is there any way of getting the bee to say which properties have gone off the market (sold etc) since last update?

Not reliably.

If you use a sidebar link, e-mail link or link from another database (e.g. property hive), and the property has been marked as 'temporarily off the market', the property bee will record this.

If, however, the property has been deleted completely, has been marked as 'permanently off the market' pending deletion, the property bee doesn't recognise this, and will continue to list the property as being on the market.

and maybe Jonathh wouldn't have his name on all the initial finds in Brighton :) Even though he was a latecomer to propertybee.

:D

I'll send over the iMacro I use if it helps.

Blinding, thanks++

Hi,

Is anyone able to inform me how to remove properties from the sidebar in PB, it is getting a little congested.

Many thanks in advance.

STR APR 08

Make sure you get the latest version off of www.property-bee.com first....

You shouldnt really need to have the sidebar open when youre browsing.

You can close it down and all the details will appear in the main screen as you search.

Thanks needle. I can't find the "current.imm" but see other files. I saw on the imacro feedback forum that it doen't work with the latest version of Firefox. Is this so?

Thanks needle. I can't find the "current.imm" but see other files. I saw on the imacro feedback forum that it doen't work with the latest version of Firefox. Is this so?

i couldnt see current.imm too, but just click on any of the other files in the favorites folder and follow the same instructions and it worked. I think i have the latest firefox version, worked fine for me. On my other machine, i cannot see any macros showing up, not even the favorites. Need to look into this.

Install it.

Surf to RMove.

Now select 'Edit Macro'.

A new file opens.

Highlight the new macro.

I want to endorse this fully. I did the same a few days ago and it works nicely. I scan approx 700 properties every few days and with this tool you simply begin the process and come back five minutes later and the job is done for you. If you find that the Property-Bee server is slow to respond, then you can add a WAITSECONDS = 5 instruction before the NEXT action and then you know that the Property-Bee server has fully responded. I reckon Beerhunter is going to kill us for this as we will be pinging the server even more as a consequence. :lol:

BD

[...]

That's brilliant - thanks so much.

Ripped through 700 pages last night. Now I just need to wait until Rightmove sues me for carrying out a DoS attack :P

:ph34r:

Hey... I'm actually a really nice guy once you get to know me :ph34r:

And Dred.. i wasn't as late coming as you might think! I just *do* the leg work and manually check all the pages.. I like to see new drops and get a 'feel' for what direction an area is going!

I have 'touched' parts of inner Hastings, Bournemouth, Worthing and (as atleast 2 of you will know..) several parts of the good ole B of TON

I thank you...

Thanks Needle - Excellent post! B):D;)

Like others, I ran this macro last night but for the E4 London area + 3miles radius - Some 2500 entries for all house prices! This is an area I’m watching for investment in the near to medium term. - Next time I'll filter down to the price bracket I can afford but wanted to generate a base line first.

Does anyone know if you can filter the search through Property Bee, or via another Macro, or via the browser to only see listings that have changed since the last viewing? Or do you, as I suspect, have to replay the macro or search page-by-page to viusally identify the listings with the dark blue PBee box below?

Cheers

Edited by ablondon

You may need to update your version of property-bee

Does anyone know if you can filter the search through Property Bee, or via another Macro, or via the browser to only see listings that have changed since the last viewing? Or do you, as I suspect, have to replay the macro or search page-by-page to viusally identify the listings with the dark blue PBee box below?

There are some bits and pieces out there that allow you to look at the PB results in a seperate application.

I'll look into it and post back when I get something useful/usable.

May take a few days cause I'm quite busy at the mo'

Here is an excel analyser:

http://www.propertyanalysis.plus.com/

Property Bee Analysis Suite is an Excel Workbook That has been designed to make the most of the data you have collected with your Property Bee Firefox Add-on.

The Workbook is written entirely in Microsoft Excel VBA and will be updated as often as possible until it offers the most sophisticated set of analysis features for your 'Property Bee' data.

The latest version of the 'Property Bee Analysis Suite' can be downloaded by following the link to the download page. If you would like to link to the Workbook from your website, blog or forum, please link to this page and not directly to the file to avoid dead links when updates are posted.