HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

There have been some sizeable (0.4%) cuts in rates due to lower swap rates. I believe SWAP rates have fallen because the city have twigged that the BOE are lacking the cajones to stick to their task and bring inflation down. I doubt very much that it will make any difference to the market - the psychology has changed and momentum is building.

Contrary to a previous post, I can tell you thast prices in London have not gone up ..... Rightmove showed that asking prices have risen but Halifax, Hometrack, RICS and Nwide all show actual prices down - see home page. I think the Rightmove data just shows how deluded and out of touch most Londoners are.

HOLA4410
There have been some sizeable (0.4%) cuts in rates due to lower swap rates. I believe SWAP rates have fallen because the city have twigged that the BOE are lacking the cajones to stick to their task and bring inflation down. I doubt very much that it will make any difference to the market - the psychology has changed and momentum is building.

Contrary to a previous post, I can tell you thast prices in London have not gone up ..... Rightmove showed that asking prices have risen but Halifax, Hometrack, RICS and Nwide all show actual prices down - see home page. I think the Rightmove data just shows how deluded and out of touch most Londoners are.

no swap rates are down because we are all doomed ... well at least thouse of us that are in debt are....

the economic data has been bad...very bad...

main thing really is that US banks have been imploding like there is no tommorow IMB is dead WB shut their wholesale arm today .... oh and FRE and FNM are going to receive a BLANK CHECK BAILOUT from the US government effectivly tieing their debt to treasuries and making AAA US government debt trade like italian AA- bonds! the fed has effectivly suspended capitalism http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2008/07/15...we-kid-you-not/

You now CANNOT SHORT many of the key US financial stocks... Theres just an error that comes up talking about borrowing requirment on the underlying market

today I wanted to short FRE MS MER GS shorting these feckers is now Market maker only... its a freaking joke ... maybe they should suspend people going long on em to... maybe they should just set a state controled price for the stocks... who gives a feck though they probably insolvent if we can short em or not only a matter of time...

yeah apart from that though everything has been fine

Edited by jonpo

HOLA4411
When you say lowering rates I take it you mean the usual 0.01% publicity headline grabbing drop traded for a hike in fees which never seems to get reported?

Of course i do.

You know, the kind of drop that inspires the Daily Express to publish a headline along the lines of:

CREDIT CRUNCH OVER

HOLA4412