House Price Crash Forum
Mancghirl

The Shortest Suicide Note In History

Rumours abound that the benefit reforms are to be piloted up here - and in Labour's heartland

http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/news/d..._in_Glasgow.php

If true, the Tories need to go back to their constituencies and prepare for government, as Brown has handed the west of Scotland to the SNP on a plate. They've already lost the vote of most working people, now they are shafting the benefit claimants who are much of their 'core' vote.

Rumours abound that the benefit reforms are to be piloted up here - and in Labour's heartland

If true, the Tories need to go back to their constituencies and prepare for government, as Brown has handed the west of Scotland to the SNP on a plate. They've already lost the vote of most working people, now they are shafting the benefit claimants who are much of their 'core' vote.

face it, they will have to trial it there; all the conservative areas are full of the middle class workaholics that have paid the doleites way for the past 11 years..

PAYBACK TIME!!!!!

Glasgae is gonna have the cleanest, most highly scrubbed/swept streets in history... Those layabouts have got to work now for their scag and hookie!

Edited by mbga9pgf

face it, they will have to trial it there; all the conservative areas are full of the middle class workaholics that have paid the doleites way for the past 11 years..

PAYBACK TIME!!!!!

You'd think they'd try it somewhere less electorally significant, if they lost the west of Scotland they would be heading to oblivion...FFS its like they are deliberately announcing policies they know are suicidal (VED increases etc).

I mean if they tried it in scouseland, surely no-one would give a toss?

:AGENT GORDON:RETURN TO BASE:MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:

:AGENT GORDON:RETURN TO BASE:MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:

Perhaps we need to re-establish this in areas that have bad unemployment histories until the gene pool is correctly rebalanced?

Am I the only one who is skeptical about these reforms, especially the incapacity benefit side of it? Most of these people are on IC because they are unemployable, thanks to the great expansion of the "underclass" in the last couple of decades.

We are entering an almighty recession. Is the government seriously going to let a million currently on IC add to the official unemployment figures, which are on their way up to start with? If so we could quickly see even the official figure break the last Tory government's unemployment record.

I'll believe it when I see it. At the moment I think it's just populist words with as usual no action.

Am I the only one who is skeptical about these reforms, especially the incapacity benefit side of it? Most of these people are on IC because they are unemployable, thanks to the great expansion of the "underclass" in the last couple of decades.

We are entering an almighty recession. Is the government seriously going to let a million currently on IC add to the official unemployment figures, which are on their way up to start with? If so we could quickly see even the official figure break the last Tory government's unemployment record.

I'll believe it when I see it. At the moment I think it's just populist words with as usual no action.

They've already hidden the real number of unemployed by letting huge numbers claim incapacity benefits. This looks in some ways like another ruse - if you are doing 'community work', then you can't really be unemployed - hey presto! Record lows in unemployment during a massive recession. Another NuLab economic miracle,

The Incapacity Benefit side of these changes is almost entirely spin - the only real change is a modified medical test which is actually easier for many claimants with mental health problems to pass than the current test

The 1m reduction comes about becasue a huge number of men who lost their skilled manual jobs in the 1980s and were told by the DSS to claim Incapacity Benefit rather than dole will reach retirmement age and move onto State Pension instead. C4 News exposed this last year when the 1m claim was first made

Perhaps we need to re-establish this in areas that have bad unemployment histories until the gene pool is correctly rebalanced?

The thought of having to couple with the daughters of the denizens of the scummier council estates out of a sence of noblesse oblige fills me with horror. And my wife would kill me.

Dear god! the man who takes on these overweight, foul mouthed, flesh displaying, tramp stamped females would have to be a bold knight indeed.

Dear god! the man who takes on these overweight, foul mouthed, flesh displaying, tramp stamped females would have to be a bold knight indeed.

Most men with any sense wouldn't think to 'go in there' without at least 3 condoms on, thus rather defeating the object. I think we should go for the other option - Darwinism via pie selection. Open a branch of Greggs on every street corner offering free macaroni pies to benefit claimants, they'll soon gorge themselves to death a la Mr Creosote, thereby removing themselves from the gene pool.

......or one with an extremely impermeable rubber johnny.

The Tories are very careful in disclosing their policies for fear of New Labour stealing them. But they released this one

a while ago on work for dole hoping New Labour would steal it and when they did, leaked it deliberately so that New Labour have been forced to announce it just before the Glasgow East by election.

The Tories are very careful in disclosing their policies for fear of New Labour stealing them. But they released this one

a while ago on work for dole hoping New Labour would steal it and when they did, leaked it deliberately so that New Labour have been forced to announce it just before the Glasgow East by election.

If so, that is a truly brilliant bit of politics. It looked dangerously like they would hold on in Glasgow East but this could finish them off,

My Nationalist chum is campaigning through in Glasgow and says they are ahead on the postal votes, just (already counted) and the canvassing was looking promising, if close - this was yesterday, before this story really broke. Just watched Reporting Scotland and they were peddling it as being highly significant in swaying voting intentions.

If so, that is a truly brilliant bit of politics. It looked dangerously like they would hold on in Glasgow East but this could finish them off,

My Nationalist chum is campaigning through in Glasgow and says they are ahead on the postal votes, just (already counted) and the canvassing was looking promising, if close - this was yesterday, before this story really broke. Just watched Reporting Scotland and they were peddling it as being highly significant in swaying voting intentions.

Also I think the PCS union has hit back at New Labour by saying that it is going to be trialled first in Glasgow which

demonstrates how the link between unions and new labour has suffered.

putting up a candidate who has already been outspoken

against Catholics in govt wasn't the smartest idea in east Glasgow either

could be the 1 and only time they vote for a Mason(snp candidate)

in Parkhead

Now, why oh why did we have to bring tramp stamps into this? Tattooing is one of the very few proud craft industries the country can fall back on.

Also I think the PCS union has hit back at New Labour by saying that it is going to be trialled first in Glasgow which

demonstrates how the link between unions and new labour has suffered.

There are rumblings in many unions that still support Labour about withdrawing funding/support.It just adds to my theory that Gordon Brown is Jim Callaghan. Next stop, the IMF, I shouldn't wonder.

Pay back time will be when there is not one house left in your street left that has not been burgled because thats whats coming..anyone remember the early eighties when this was the norm and burgley was a thriving industry well get ready because its going to make a comeback...big time..

Can't see it making much difference. Political parties these days don't have an ideology they sell policies to the electorate to try an keep themselves in power. The Labour Party would have done studies into who votes and probably concluded that the unemployed don't vote in large numbers. Meanwhile people who work and pay taxes probably vote in much higher numbers and are fed up with paying (in a lot of cases) for wasters.

Pay back time will be when there is not one house left in your street left that has not been burgled because thats whats coming..anyone remember the early eighties when this was the norm and burgley was a thriving industry well get ready because its going to make a comeback...big time..

I do indeed - we caught someone breaking in through our next door neighbours' patio doors. The sight of my 6' 2" Glaswegian dad, garden spade in hand, yelling 'Whit the f@ck do you think you're daeing?' to the scrawny little shite was enough to send him packing. They were the only ones that got done on our street, Most of the other neighbours were busy getting repo'd or topping themselves.

There is zero chance that Labour, who represent the parasitic class, will actually do this. Instead they will do what they have done for ten years and bombard the media with spin. No wonder politicians are held in contempt.