House Price Crash Forum

Ea Conversation With Mrs Imp

Imp

HOLA441

Mrs Imp passed on the following conversation she had with an estate agent recently.

Mrs Imp: Could you give me details of houses you have around £250,000

EA: Are you looking to spend £250,000 or are you looking at houses with asking prices around £250,000 to spend around £220,000.

Thats 12% off without even asking.

It's all changing, and we are watching it as it happens.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Mrs Imp passed on the following conversation she had with an estate agent recently.

Mrs Imp: Could you give me details of houses you have around £250,000

EA: Are you looking to spend £250,000 or are you looking at houses with asking prices around £250,000 to spend around £220,000.

Thats 12% off without even asking.

It's all changing, and we are watching it as it happens.

Very honest EA by the sounds of it.

Could also mean that they are overpricing £220k houses up to £250k just to get the desired sale price.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Could also mean that they are overpricing £220k houses up to £250k just to get the desired sale price.

Well they then would not come out and say what they did if that's waht they are doing. It was an honest answer based on the fact people would be offering 10 - 15% off the asking price at least.

HOLA447

Had a young lad round Saturday from Hillyard Williams local office to vaule my LL house yesterday. I asked him how things where, he said very bad. They had 15 people in the office in 2007, now they have three, and he was one of them.

He said of those Aylesbury EA's that are not going to the wall there are lots of redundanies in all the offices.

He also commented that the house I sold for £194k last year would have to drop to £165k now to have any chance of selling within a month or two. One in the close opposite where I STR for £10k less than mine has been on the market 9 weeks without one viewing.

As far as my LL house is concerned. He thinks they wont sell as they want to market at £220k, just under the £225k the same stlye houses are sitting unsold since March with no drop in asking price.

He said again, to have any chance of selling quickly they need to drop to £200k now. Their mortggage is still £180k from 2004!! BTL IO mortgage, capitial gains eh, live he dream, live the dream.

M