House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eastleighfan

Advice On Timing

I have had enough of this flat , girlfriend and I am going to move in together , and there seems to be some decent laces avaliable

My tennancy expires on 28th October . I pay 1 month rent in advance .

Anyone suggest a timetable to move ? I have started looking , even tho I reckon I won't be able to leave until October .

I want to make sure I don't get into an dispute with my landlord , as I might need him for a reference later .

Any suggestions ,greatly appreciated

I have had enough of this flat , girlfriend and I am going to move in together , and there seems to be some decent laces avaliable

My tennancy expires on 28th October . I pay 1 month rent in advance .

Anyone suggest a timetable to move ? I have started looking , even tho I reckon I won't be able to leave until October .

I want to make sure I don't get into an dispute with my landlord , as I might need him for a reference later .

Any suggestions ,greatly appreciated

No need to start looking until the mid to end of next month (August) the nice properties tend to shift quickly and you will get a better deal (negociate the rent down) if you are able to move in quickly unless you want to overlap which is expensive.... (I would overlap by a few days though, it make life much easier for a small outlay in cost)

If you are feeling nice you may as well tell your LL now that you don't want to renew the AST but they can't not penalise you for not telling them, the contract ends when it it ends especially if they gave you what is called a section 21 at the beginning of the contract (have a look) Anyway you have a perfectly good reason which which could not posible offend

No need to start looking until the mid to end of next month (August) the nice properties tend to shift quickly and you will get a better deal (negociate the rent down) if you are able to move in quickly unless you want to overlap which is expensive.... (I would overlap by a few days though, it make life much easier for a small outlay in cost)

If you are feeling nice you may as well tell your LL now that you don't want to renew the AST but they can't not penalise you for not telling them, the contract ends when it it ends especially if they gave you what is called a section 21 at the beginning of the contract (have a look) Anyway you have a perfectly good reason which which could not posible offend

Not bad advice Matt, but why should a tenant offend a landlord if they wish to move. It has nothing at all in any way whatsoever to do with the landlord.

No-one in any way, shape or form should ever hesitate to keep any private details to themselves they do not wish to divulge to the landlord, and only let the ll know when the contract requires it.

If that offends the landlord, who cares?

Your tone Matt, really does smell of 'lets all be nice to landlords'.. Is it because you are one?

If anyone with a reason such as 'we want to move', offends the landlord - tough. We don't have to give any reason at all, it is none of the landlords business.

Stop it.

Not bad advice Matt, but why should a tenant offend a landlord if they wish to move. It has nothing at all in any way whatsoever to do with the landlord.

No-one in any way, shape or form should ever hesitate to keep any private details to themselves they do not wish to divulge to the landlord, and only let the ll know when the contract requires it.

If that offends the landlord, who cares?

Your tone Matt, really does smell of 'lets all be nice to landlords'.. Is it because you are one?

If anyone with a reason such as 'we want to move', offends the landlord - tough. We don't have to give any reason at all, it is none of the landlords business.

Stop it.

I think Matt was being polite and courteous - life is much easier when people who do business together are respectful

Renterbob please take note

I think Matt was being polite and courteous - life is much easier when people who do business together are respectful

Thanks bankside, I am afraid every board has a total knob and ours is RanterBob... put him on ignore the rest of us have

hi matt

nice new id you have their

the 'lord' bit of landlord is going to btlers heads.

sshhhhuuush

Thanks bankside, I am afraid every board has a total knob and ours is RanterBob... put him on ignore the rest of us have

now apologise for making renters feel they should kiss their ll bum if they wish to move house. absolute garbage.

i said 'quiet'.

What I find really odd about renterbob, is his absolute scorn, hatred and vindictiveness towards all LL's and all LA (though he does contradict himself on another thread!) or was that just a bit of ‘a licking’ bob?

When I was a tenant I got on really well with both my agents and LL. When I left the house I wanted to leave properly because the whole thing had worked out well for all of us.

As a LL I get on really well with my tenants. I'm even sitting their cat at the moment whilst they are on holiday!

I believe that if you look after your tenants then they will look after your property and if tenants get along with the LL's, the LL is more likely to get things done when they need doing.

I have never in my life come across anyone quite so upset about things as rb and can only hope that sooner or later he buys something and leaves this 'Oh so unfair world' behind him.

What I find really odd about renterbob, is his absolute scorn, hatred and vindictiveness towards all LL's and all LA (though he does contradict himself on another thread!) or was that just a bit of ‘a licking’ bob?

When I was a tenant I got on really well with both my agents and LL. When I left the house I wanted to leave properly because the whole thing had worked out well for all of us.

As a LL I get on really well with my tenants. I'm even sitting their cat at the moment whilst they are on holiday!

I believe that if you look after your tenants then they will look after your property and if tenants get along with the LL's, the LL is more likely to get things done when they need doing.

I have never in my life come across anyone quite so upset about things as rb and can only hope that sooner or later he buys something and leaves this 'Oh so unfair world' behind him.

No contradiction.....begin to read correctly, as you are an agent, with clear disregard for tenants, as though we are here to give you a living...well, get a real job you lazy LA!, I have no interest what you think...none whatsoever..the sooner you go to the dole, the better, and all your LA mates too.

'A fair world' - go back to sleep on your LA desk

You are a LA and LL....a BTL surely.....welcome.......this is HPC, or did you miss that too? I think so.

No contradiction.....begin to read correctly, as you are an agent, with clear disregard for tenants, as though we are here to give you a living...well, get a real job you lazy LA!, I have no interest what you think...none whatsoever..the sooner you go to the dole, the better, and all your LA mates too.

'A fair world' - go back to sleep on your LA desk

You are a LA and LL....a BTL surely.....welcome.......this is HPC, or did you miss that too? I think so.

:D ----->read my profile...... :D........................ :P

Edited by DemolitionRed

why would i waste a minuscule eon of time looking at your profile?

tut tut

why then waste your time here... please just f*ck off and leave us all alone

Edited by Matt Henson

why would i waste a minuscule eon of time looking at your profile?

tut tut

Then why did you look? One can clearly see at the click of a button who last looked at your profile ! :blink:

Edited by DemolitionRed

why then waste your time here... please just f*ck off and leave us all alone

Matt...don't read this. You promised.

I didn't look at her profile, now look, Foxtons employee........thanks for that information BTW......stop lying, naughty naughty......

Hard I know, as a Foxxytons ladyeeeee.....

When do you return the Mini?

BTW, whenever I see those Foxtons minis wanting to be out of a side road...I NEVER let them in....the little things in life...soo good.

Unfortunatley, I see less and less of them recently......sad.

Edited by renterbob