House Price Crash Forum
FrozenOut

Fella On Breakfast With Declan

Declan asking why should people re-join the market now.

The fella's response was basically saying buyers market and vendors need to start hearing realistic valuatiuons - he says 25-30% off is what you should be going in at NOW, and explaining to vendors that the offer takes in to account the likely hood their property will be worh this in the next year to two years - fair play to him.

Guest KingCharles1st

I was going to post about Declan in General-

DECLAN-> BRICK-> TELEVISION-> SORTED!

Halifax loans coming down .1% over 2 years- whOOPPEE But the arrangement fee etc conveniently not included in the news

Halifax loans coming down .1% over 2 years- whOOPPEE But the arrangement fee etc conveniently not included in the news

Actually, for the very first time, Declan was BEARISH this morning. He asked the VI bloke from Stacks why should FTB join the market now, when CitiGroup said that house prices will continue to fall for another 2 years!!!!!!

No, I am not on drugs (other than prescription), I did not hallucinate this monumous event! :P

Actually, for the very first time, Declan was BEARISH this morning. He asked the VI bloke from Stacks why should FTB join the market now, when CitiGroup said that house prices will continue to fall for another 2 years!!!!!!

No, I am not on drugs (other than prescription), I did not hallucinate this monumous event! :P

Stop watching the telly and get to work you lazy bugger. :lol:

Guest KingCharles1st

Well my bad- I watched the opening line from the guest- something like "There has never been a better time to buy a house.." at that point I decided my time would be better spent going for the S X 3 :P

However I would definitely restate my original sentiment- keep a brick in a little glass case by the telly, labelled- "In case of Declan- break out and use-"

Did anyone notice that the interviewee was bright red and sweating like a pig - I don't think I've ever seen anyone looking so hot and bothered in an interview

Probably thought Declan was going to eat him.

The guy Declan was talking to from Stacks said you should be asking upto 30% off the price. He said don't look at asking prices look at what has sold and also do some investigations into the sellers e.g they may be DTS (Desperate To Sell). I am not sure if this means asking the corner shop or knocking at the neighbors house :lol:

I never recall the news being so BEARISH for property even during the last CRASH

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
must be a constant worry if he's interviewing you.

question,

'has he had enough pies for brekkie?'

It's probably ok as long as you keep your hands and feet away from his mouth.

Plus, Declan's arms are so short you could probably put your hand on his forehead and fend off a frenzied attack.

Up to 75% loan to value

Choice: Start rate is: Rate ends: Followed by the Standard Variable Rate,

Product fee: £995

6.39% until 31st August 2011

7.00% for the remainder of the mortgage term 7.1% APR 31st August 2011

Roll up Roll Up Bargain of a life time :lol:

The whole positive mortgage news just because fixed rates fell by 0.1%, was pretty annoying. Also no mention of the fact swap rates peaked over a month ago and the lenders have only just passed on the savings.

Thankfully, Declan will be off to Working Lunch soon and I won't have to see his fat face while eating my bran flakes. Unfortunately I think he's being replaced with that Aussie guy, who is even more annoying.

The whole positive mortgage news just because fixed rates fell by 0.1%, was pretty annoying. Also no mention of the fact swap rates peaked over a month ago and the lenders have only just passed on the savings.

Thankfully, Declan will be off to Working Lunch soon and I won't have to see his fat face while eating my bran flakes. Unfortunately I think he's being replaced with that Aussie guy, who is even more annoying.

I think it was the word Lunch that fooled him. He's going to be disappointed.

I think it was the word Lunch that fooled him. He's going to be disappointed.

Hmmmm.... moving from Breakfast to Lunch, there does seem to be a food theme to his employment decisions. I'm guessing he'll be the presenter of Saturday Kitchen within two years.

Just heard (9:45am) Declan talking to some lady from savills on breakfast.

Both were quite bearish and same question was put by Declan "Why someone should buy now, when its going to fall for next 2 years", and the lady said no should buy unless they get real good deal.

BBC has turned bearish, I think this will help for even quicker crash, things are changing real fast.

Interesting that. Declan was very bearish I have to admit. And the other bloke was sweating like a pig, I'm sure an expert in body language would say that was because he was lying.

Re his comments - it was good he was talking the market down, and pushing the 25% off asking price line, but he was clearly not correct in it being a good time to buy, unless you have to buy.

I think you're too harsh on Declan - and I'll wager some of you lot will end up overweight in years to come. He's the sort of cheerful soul you need on Breakfast telly, and this personality charactreristic is what makes it difficult for him to be bearish . And now we've got to put up with the annoying Australian. :(

I think you're too harsh on Declan - and I'll wager some of you lot will end up overweight in years to come. He's the sort of cheerful soul you need on Breakfast telly, and this personality charactreristic is what makes it difficult for him to be bearish . And now we've got to put up with the annoying Australian. :(

I don't mind the aussie guy, there's something sadistic about him, as if he enjoys the bad news.

I agree his is perfect for morning telly, just like all the other presenters on Breakfast, and he is far better than that Australian tw@t. Nonetheless, I still like making jokes about his weight.

Guest pioneer31

Why watch BBC Breakfast at all?

It's total hogwash from start to finish.

and now over to our reporter with a lisp, who's in the highlands this morning, interviewing a Scottish Salmon called Colin.