House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bigtimebear

Phil Spencer Recommends Renting!

He uses the expression "bear in mind" - an as yet unused user ID on HPC - one that is worth snapping up as the bear market gathers pace.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

These people are just unprincipled media whores.

For example, Breckenridge, a five-bed new-build house near Esher, Surrey, is available to rent for £6,500 a month, while borrowing the money to buy it would cost at least £8,500.

Yeah. Thankfully, me and the imaginary wife manage to pull in about £250k gross, so it looks like a bargain.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

No money left in ramping the property market...most people by now know the only way is down, unless they are still in denial or have their head burried in the sand.

New property programme...how to make money from a falling property market? But you have to believe it is falling before you can make money from it.;)

He uses the expression "bear in mind" - an as yet unused user ID on HPC - one that is worth snapping up as the bear market gathers pace.

Sorry... was taken a long time ago by me ;) , or at least one variation of it.

I love the way the spell out the bleeding obvious to that anyone with half a brain can figure out for themselves.

Ah yes, I see it's The Times and written for the innumerate UK population with analytical skills that stretch to "neighbour is doing it, so it must be OK"...

These people are just unprincipled media whores.

Yeah. Thankfully, me and the imaginary wife manage to pull in about £250k gross, so it looks like a bargain.

A, it's in Claygate, not Esher

B, it's not the best street

C, it's not a particularly nice house, the internal finish his high, but it's a poorly designed house

D, it's up at £1.6M - the mortgage is nearer £7,500 a month, and I think it would be sold at £1.45M - which brings down the mortgage even further - if you chanced your arm, I think £1.375 would have your arm chewed off - but that's the question - will it be worth that when you want to sell - after all, do you really want to send out your Surrey swingers invites to "Breckenridge, near, but not that near, Esher" - you may get the wrong sort of people coming.

But..... he told me renting was dead money, and i believed his spivvy face and bought a place for £500k. I'm going to sue his **** for bad financial advice.

I'd hoped we'd reached the end of seeing property-guru types promoting themselves with stupid pictures of where they are overflowing with cash.

A, it's in Claygate, not Esher

B, it's not the best street

C, it's not a particularly nice house, the internal finish his high, but it's a poorly designed house

D, it's up at £1.6M - the mortgage is nearer £7,500 a month, and I think it would be sold at £1.45M - which brings down the mortgage even further - if you chanced your arm, I think £1.375 would have your arm chewed off - but that's the question - will it be worth that when you want to sell - after all, do you really want to send out your Surrey swingers invites to "Breckenridge, near, but not that near, Esher" - you may get the wrong sort of people coming.

Recomending IO mortgages in a falling market is a little silly.

1.6M @ 5.99% over 25 years repayment is £10,299.04 per month, or £9344 @ 4.99%.

Is this not one of the same clowns who said in the HPI boom that it was better to pay more on a mortgage than on rent because at least you'd own your own properdee at the end of term?

Shameless, Phil. Take your advice and your creepy dislike of the letter "r" away from the public view.

Come on , this is a very clever fake ...........................isn't it ??? :blink:

It's for real ?????? :blink:

Is this the same "Phil" of "Kirsty and Phil " or is it someone with the same name , because I remember a clip of Phil Spencer , on "Youtube" saying something like "property pricers can only go up"

I am just going to read it again , because I am sure there is a mistake somewhere ,

One of you lot have made this up ...... Haven't you ????????

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

This knob was on Tonight with Jonathan Maitland in Spring 2007 stating that property prices would rise by ten percent in 2008! :lol: He has made a complete fool of himself now (and he's desperately hoping that the sheeple don't twig! :angry: ) This spiv idiot has consistantly said that house prices never drop and he has always stated that "renting is dead money."

Now, this weasel has the gall to turn bear in order to save his reputation and his career! :angry: The sad thing is that the sheeple probably won't realise that this guy couldn't lie straight in bed and they will still view him as a property messiah! The positive thing for us is that there is hardly ANYONE out there now (former VI's) who hasn't accepted that we are now in a crash.

What next? Krusty turning bear? Do you want salt and pepper with that chapeau Madame Allsopp? :P:lol: