House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Should We All Just Go Away?

Stock market traders used to work on the basis of sell in May and go away... I am begining to wonder whether we all should do the same with regard to house prices?

Not desert this site of course but simply, well, we appear to be firmly stuck in denial territory now. Having just done a check of my local area on RM there are reductions few and far between... and what there are are tiny IMPO. The only difference appears to be loads of new build flats and houses now have 'Offers Available' in big red 'stickers' on the ads... Otherwise, it is checkmate.

I know we will 'win' in the end. The economic fundamentals means a huge crash is about to occur... but should we all simply give up looking at houses? Get a hobby instead? Go and do something worthwhile? EA baiting has lost its fun methinks - no point in the chase if the quarry is not too clever and all that?

Or we will just have to wait for another economic shock.

Stock market traders used to work on the basis of sell in May and go away... I am begining to wonder whether we all should do the same with regard to house prices?

Not desert this site of course but simply, well, we appear to be firmly stuck in denial territory now. Having just done a check of my local area on RM there are reductions few and far between... and what there are are tiny IMPO. The only difference appears to be loads of new build flats and houses now have 'Offers Available' in big red 'stickers' on the ads... Otherwise, it is checkmate.

I know we will 'win' in the end. The economic fundamentals means a huge crash is about to occur... but should we all simply give up looking at houses? Get a hobby instead? Go and do something worthwhile? EA baiting has lost its fun methinks - no point in the chase if the quarry is not too clever and all that?

It is time to be patient.... I pop on here every few days... Usually to have a good chuckle at the news, then worry a little about the greater economy... Then realise that there is very little I can do about it but be glad I have protected myself as much as possilbe and prepare for the innevitible.

I wonder how "Time To Raise The Rents" Is getting along.

Absolutely I think everyone who comes here should have other interests as well. I look in nearly every day, but I do a lot of other things as well. If I don't see any interesting posts, I just indulge my other interests.

You'd be surprised. I felt the same way, and posted such, about 2 months ago. In the last 2-3 weeks, though, I've noticed more and more price drops on RM, and the general feeling of those I speak to - i.e. non-HPCers - has turned very gloomy.

I pop on to HPC every day, and will continue to do so. Rightmove, however, I'm trying to limit myself to once per week.

You are correct: we do need to just calm down and let this thing run it's course - another 5 years or more, IMHO. But still, there's something amazingly satisfying about enjoying the carnage unfold every step of the way, particularly having spent the last 5-10 years listening to the BS and stupidity of those that thought house prices would rise forever. :)

Nomadd

Win what exactly? Mass starvation? A bloody revolution? A war?

All good prizes so which is you want to "win"?

It is time to be patient.... I pop on here every few days... Usually to have a good chuckle at the news, then worry a little about the greater economy... Then realise that there is very little I can do about it but be glad I have protected myself as much as possilbe and prepare for the innevitible.

I sometimes wonder that, I wonder how many he has squeezed into his HMO properties in the best locations, extentions into the loft space and new lofts on top of the lofts created... he must be doing quite well, or maybe not from rent created from the sky. ;)

Win what exactly? Mass starvation? A bloody revolution? A war?

We need a revolution but thats not to say it needs to be bloody.

Sit back and do nothing and you will get the blood without the revolution.

Absolutely I think everyone who comes here should have other interests as well. I look in nearly every day, but I do a lot of other things as well. If I don't see any interesting posts, I just indulge my other interests.

like. singing pig.

He has admitted that house prices are falling and that the bears were right!!

However, he is claiming to be raising the rents yet again (all tenants are apparently grateful they have not been raised higher in the current environment) and he is covering his mortgages by miles, so was right all along, or something like that.

However, he is claiming to be raising the rents yet again (all tenants are apparently grateful they have not been raised higher in the current environment) and he is covering his mortgages by miles, so was right all along, or something like that.

When rents are dropping everywhere, he is a miracle man.

Or is he just a lying t***

They still have a fair amount to fall...and he can raise the rent as much as he wants, and hope those who pay are willing and able to pay the increases....I always remember he was a variable man, never fixed. Increased interest rates on a BTL must have cost him a fair packet recently...profit is always profit as long as it covers the bills and makes enough to live in a way you have become accoustomed to. ;)