House Price Crash Forum

More Brownian Waste!

HOLA441

This man just never ceases to amaze me - at his stupidity and recklessness with OUR money! He might actually be the first British PM of modern times to actually NOT have any sort of advisors, telling him what he should or shouldnt do or say. Nothing wrong with that at all - except he's a moron!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7515786.stm

Heavens knows what he would find to waste money on if he actually goes ahead and wangles his way round changing his own supposed fiscal rules - so that he can borrow yet more money!

Best of all I just love the way he perpetually keeps coming out with meaningless, and usually factually incorrect, statements.......

"great entrepreneurial flair" !!!!????

Flair? At what??? for making homemade rockets??!!!

What entrepreneurial track record is he thinking of?? I can almost just see him on BBC-TV Dragons Den - giving money to ALL the applicants before they even finish giving their presentations!

Why does Brown always think that the way to cultivate good foreign links is for him to splash OUR money around whenever he goe travelling abroad. Has he ever come back from a foreign trip and secured, or tried to secure, and business deals for UK Plc ???

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
This man just never ceases to amaze me - at his stupidity and recklessness with OUR money! He might actually be the first British PM of modern times to actually NOT have any sort of advisors, telling him what he should or shouldnt do or say. Nothing wrong with that at all - except he's a moron!

Oh, the government do have adivsers - and they pay considerable fees to panels of experts for their advice.

I don't know about economic issues, but certainly on scientific or medical issues they do consult panels of experts (scientists, doctors, etc.). However, on a number of key policy decisions, the govt have sought expert advice, and were given crystal clear recommendations.

The govt then went and did the polar opposite. When questionned on this, the govt defended their decision saying 'we have sought expert advice'. They then took out gagging orders against the scientists involved, forbidding them to discuss the contents of their reports. Sounds preposterous, but I've spoken to a couple of people on these panels, and they assure me that this is exactly as it happened.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Oh, the government do have adivsers - and they pay considerable fees to panels of experts for their advice.

I don't know about economic issues, but certainly on scientific or medical issues they do consult panels of experts (scientists, doctors, etc.). However, on a number of key policy decisions, the govt have sought expert advice, and were given crystal clear recommendations.

The govt then went and did the polar opposite. When questionned on this, the govt defended their decision saying 'we have sought expert advice'. They then took out gagging orders against the scientists involved, forbidding them to discuss the contents of their reports. Sounds preposterous, but I've spoken to a couple of people on these panels, and they assure me that this is exactly as it happened.

Doesn't the whistle blowing law prevent this? Surely the European Courts of Human Rights wouldn't uphold the govt viewpoint that these gagging orders where legal?