House Price Crash Forum
deadman

I'll Give You 15 Grand

Take a look at this.

Is this the new marketing ploy to get rid?

Suited to Poles and Kiwis

'Suit Polish / Australian / Kiwi / South African / or any other family unable to get a mortgage right now and who doesn't want to throw away money renting'

:lol::lol:

Is this just for retards?

I particularly liked

"The house is also advertised offline and locally and there's bound to be a queue of people wanting to get on the property ladder for around £3000 worth of materials and a bit of hard graft".

:lol:

Is this just for retards?

Yes, because it's advertised as a London location. And High Wycombe - where it really is - is miles away. And using the M4 trying to get in/out of London from HW is an absolutely nightmare any day of the week.

Like you say, retards only.

Nomadd

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I thought I'd better email him for clarification

"Wouldn't it be cheaper for me to wait until the house is repossessed and buy it at auction?"

I thought I'd better email him for clarification

"Wouldn't it be cheaper for me to wait until the house is repossessed and buy it at auction?"

Oh, you guys are pure evil.

I bet you'd make him an offer of his asking price to get it off the market and his hopes of a better life up, then on the day of signing, gazunder down to 85K.

Would you?

Edited by renterbob

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Oh, you guys are pure evil.

I bet you'd make him an offer of his asking price to get it off the market and his hopes of a better life up, then on the day of signing, gazunder down to 85K.

Would you?

65k, maybe. Although I'm not sure it's worth that.

Yes, because it's advertised as a London location. And High Wycombe - where it really is - is miles away. And using the M4 trying to get in/out of London from HW is an absolutely nightmare any day of the week.

Like you say, retards only.

Nomadd

Retards indeed, the M4 doesn't go anywhere near HW, you'd need the M40 for that :P

So basically he's attempting to cover his mortgage and get the house done up at the same time and he's offering to pay the equivalent sum to the prospective tenant to the value he thinks the refurbishment will add to the house value. The only thing missing is a queue of people eager to take him up on his offer. I think he thinks people are far more stupid than they actually are. Maybe he's a poster on HPC.

Wow, what a clever bloke.

Can't get a mortgage now? No problemo. Buy it for nothing, rent it for a bit and then, when you can get a mortgage, buy it properly.

Why don't Wimpeys do this?

I thought it was called "shared ownership".

About the House

The House is a 4 Bed extended semi in High Wycombe. It's been a great family house in the past but has been neglected by tenants. But it even just a clean, new paint and new carpets would make it a great family home. Central heating system is new, too. Off street parking at the rear with separate access road and the house is located on a quiet residential street near a dead end so no traffic.

This house has been valued at £247,000 by Hometrack (valuation available)

You can buy it for £240,000 - but I will pay you at least £15,000 towards your purchase (so you only need to find £225,000 from a lender and you won't need a deposit)

Postcode is HP13 7HR

Suit Polish / Australian / Kiwi / South African / or any other family unable to get a mortgage right now and who doesn't want to throw away money renting. know an effing thing about the current housing market, just like I don't know an effing thing about how well educated you guys are on money matters.

As a naive australian I would be very happy to buy it from him for 120K (thats about 60% off which is where I think it is heading). I could even forego the extra generous offer of £15K towards the deposit.