House Price Crash Forum

40 Properties Appearing To Let In One Week

symo

HOLA441

Went for house viewing on Friday. Like it quite a lot, ideal for walking to work and train station. At the end I said I would be in touch and the EA said well let me know as the last two weeks we have had 40 properties a week appearing. I rang him yesterday and told him I would take it at £625 pcm and he rang back saying he has advised the LL to seriously consider it.

Where is all the property appearing from and devaluing rents in Devon? I thought rents only ever went up? :rolleyes:

HOLA442
Went for house viewing on Friday. Like it quite a lot, ideal for walking to work and train station. At the end I said I would be in touch and the EA said well let me know as the last two weeks we have had 40 properties a week appearing. I rang him yesterday and told him I would take it at £625 pcm and he rang back saying he has advised the LL to seriously consider it.

Where is all the property appearing from and devaluing rents in Devon? I thought rents only ever went up? :rolleyes:

what was the asking price?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Yupe certainly going up, they have accepted £635, £15 less a month (I know I should have gone it at £600 to get £625). Which means I am now saving £75 a month in rent and will be able to walk to work saving fuel. So I estimate I am going to be around £200 a month better off for the move.

HOLA446

would I be right in thinking though that this is the worst time of year to be trying to let a property as a lot of people move out in July and a lot move in in September, when academic years etc start? I don't know, I was just looking to rent this time last year and saw a lot of property on in July and very little in September.

Good news for your rental though, cost savings sound well worth it.

Edited by TeddyBear

HOLA447
would I be right in thinking though that this is the worst time of year to be trying to let a property as a lot of people move out in July and a lot move in in September, when academic years etc start? I don't know, I was just looking to rent this time last year and saw a lot of property on in July and very little in September.

Good news for your rental though, cost savings sound well worth it.

yes.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: