House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

Celebrity Property Crash - Its Happened All Before

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...Im-bitter-.html

'It was the tail end of the 1980s and I put a £250,000 investment into a property scheme where I lost out. I'm calm about it now. I just think life is all about readjusting and, in the end, you just have to get on with things.'

However, it meant that, instead of being able to live off his royalties, Paul found himself, in his 50s, having to work hard to support his family. 'Getting to 30 and even 40 was fine, but turning 50 was a little bit of a shock,' he says.

Not the first and won't be the last

:lol:

He put his hat where his home was, and then it was gone, gone, gone.

Kirsty must have eaten it.

:ph34r:

Kirsty must have eaten it.

:ph34r:

I never liked his songs TBH but the wife loves him to bits. I am gonna tell her about him now cooking in his ex wifes cafe, livng in the flat below her and her new lover, listening to the banging on every night. Poor bugger, that really is terrible. But, as he was foolish enough to invest in property, as a true HPCer, I have little sympathy.

Surely, he could write a hit song about that.

So then, how many more celebs are up sh** creek this time? And this time it is much, much worse. :ph34r:

Seems like a typical Daily Mail non-story to me.

The part about working in his ex-wife's restaurant is a bit sad - a bit weird actually - but everyone to their own.

Yes, £250k is a lot of money; but if he put his mind to it he could probably earn that every year from gigging, so long as he's still got the voice. (I do seem to remember he had problems with his throat some years ago)

I'm sure there are enough 40 something women and their poor husbands throughout Europe to provide him with a very nice living doing concerts.

Perhaps the truth is that he can't be arsed.

250K is a heck of a lot of wad.

Yes, and today you would find many more people who would agree with you..

Just a year ago you would find that the greater proportion of the great unwashed would have thought it a paultry sum to pay for a two bed new build flat in the south west...

The realisation that it might actually be quite a substantial slab of cash is spreading really, really fast.