House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

History Of Hpc

Need answers to basic questions like:

Who founded it and what event triggered it?

How were first Mods chosen?

Did founders meet in person or only online?

How was need for such a site established? Were first posters put in touch with each other via other sites?

Have I missed a resource somewhere that will cover all this?

Need reply urgently

Thanks

Need answers to basic questions like:

Who founded it and what event triggered it?

How were first Mods chosen?

Did founders meet in person or only online?

How was need for such a site established? Were first posters put in touch with each other via other sites?

Have I missed a resource somewhere that will cover all this?

Need reply urgently

Thanks

I remember putting many very angry comments on a website called http://www.whatswrongwithbritain.com back about 2002. Infact IIRC it was I that started the thread on that site and it attracted hundreds of replies from all over. Its no longer there now.

I can remember when it was all fields. :(:lol:

Edited by Dave Spart

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

It was founded by Ezekiel Ebediah Crash.

send a message to the user called 'webmaster' or search for old forum posts. Another forum existed running under different software before this forum was created. I believe some of the initail creators (the name gavin rings a bell?) sold up in 2003 expecting the crash to come in 2004/5 but unfortunatly the BOE/government stopped the market from crashing. I found the site just after it moved to the new forum in 2004, im the 552nd user on this forum at the time the place was definatly going strong (with bulls much stronger than bears, and singing pig the BTL property forum being MUCH bigger at the time), i believe the old forum has long gone...

Use the wayback machine to see old versions of the site, first version is showing decemeber 2003

http://web.archive.org/web/*/housepricecrash.co.uk

The orginal forum which was hosted on a different website (webmaster might have access/passwords to it)

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/login.php?...8&page=show

Wiki on HPC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Price_Crash

Edited by moosetea

Can I ask why you need to know urgently?

I'm a writer looking for background material related to the projected HPC documentary. Drafting a skeleton storyline at the moment. The natural starting point seems to be how this site came into being. Have you any useful info related to this? Any help appreciated.

Another forum existed running under different software before this forum esd created.

I liked he old software better (it let you see all previous posts ad infinitum for members including yourself so you could recifify old posts if something new came up. now the only way to do that is to do a key word search)

I liked he old software better (it let you see all previous posts ad infinitum for members including yourself so you could recifify old posts if something new came up. now the only way to do that is to do a key word search)

before my time ;p (although i think i lurked on the old forum...). Elizebeth, do you remember the free HPC fridge magnets given out in 04? Mine is still on the fridge!

Edited by moosetea

Ha Ha Ha!!!

READ THIS!!!!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...16/ai_n16540071

Very. very funny!!!!

(There is virtually no page 2 or 3 on that article - just ads btw)

:lol::lol:

All together now: 'Who turned the taps off!'

(to the tune of the Halifax ads' 'who gives you extra')

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

From what I remember the FT website had (may still do) a discussion forum about house prices. The debate was very good but became a bit heated at times (including contributions from Evil Sam). The FT then decided to use very heavy handed monitoring of the forum meaning that every single contribution was vetted before being posted on the forum. People became very fed up with this and started abadoning the forum. I think it was at this time that version one of HPC was set up. As more and more people joined HPC it became apparent that a more sophisticated set up for the Forum was required to cope with all the traffic and attention that it was attracting.

I'm sure others will provide more details and/or correct me.

I think the original webmaster was someone called Greg.

Didn't Gavin go off overseas travelling?

Edited by Alfie Moon