House Price Crash Forum
cartimandua51

Rightmove Figures Out Monday

A few months ago the forum would have been alive with polls and forecasts; now it's just a big yawn and the only question is whether their figures will finally be YoY negative!

Lets hope they are y-o-y negative-it's good to see the table on the front page turning ever redder.

Anyone any idea what is happening with the Prime Location figures which are still stuck back at April and therefore looking anomalously positive?

Slightly OT, which is the report that comes out and has the local estate agents comments at the end? Or is it not every month that it has the local perspective?

I think it's either Nationwide or Halifax, I've been keeping an eye out for it, but haven't noticed a thread for it in a long time.

Slightly OT, which is the report that comes out and has the local estate agents comments at the end? Or is it not every month that it has the local perspective?

I think it's either Nationwide or Halifax, I've been keeping an eye out for it, but haven't noticed a thread for it in a long time.

The RICS report

Yes - it's the RICS report

http://www.rics.org/Newsroom/Keyissues/UKr...2008_150708.htm

It's too big to attach directly but go to the link and then right click and save on the "PDF Downloads" bit at top right. Lots of bearish doom and gloom!

It's too big to attach directly but go to the link and then right click and save on the "PDF Downloads" bit at top right. Lots of bearish doom and gloom!

Reading the chartered surveyors comments, I'm quite surprised just how bearish they all are.

One of them from Doncaster is quite funny:

There appears to be no end of comment,

from people who don’t actually do the job,

pontificating on the state of the property

market and predicting drastic price falls.

The relentless barrage of often ill informed

comments is having a severe adverse

effect on confidence.

Are they saying that we should ignore the comments and peoples opinion and plough on and just build up our debt, by stoking house price increases.

A few months ago the forum would have been alive with polls and forecasts; now it's just a big yawn and the only question is whether their figures will finally be YoY negative!

No its because i have finally accepted that house prices always go up.

Can you imagine though what it would be like if there was a comments section from EA's linked to one of the reports.

As they are not very busy at the moment there would plenty of time for them to write something up like, "It's different here everybody wants to live here so prices continue to soar". :lol:

Can you imagine though what it would be like if there was a comments section from EA's linked to one of the reports.

As they are not very busy at the moment there would plenty of time for them to write something up like, "It's different here everybody wants to live here so prices continue to soar". :lol:

According to the Daily Express the worst of it is over now. Before you know it, 24x income multiples (oops sorry Eric, they already do that don't they?)

Who gives a toss about Rightmove's crappy little index? I don't.

80% of the properties included in this month's index won't even sell and the other 20% will take a 20% knockback before exchanging contracts.

Rightmove used to pretend they were a leading indicator - until they realised last Autumn that they weren't. I'm not even sure if they're now a lagging indicator. They're certainly a pointless indicator.

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you need another 20% will take a 20% knock back before moving to STR before moving to Available?

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you need another 20% will take a 20% knock back before moving to STR before moving to Available?

Its worth bearing in mind that it benefits rightmove to have shock figures over the next few months; if properties arent shifting, they aint making money. And until sellers are shocked into selling, that isnt going to happen.

Edited by mbga9pgf