House Price Crash Forum
Bearfacts

New Trend From Local Eas

Just been browsing the local proprty rag and I noticed that where the EAs had recently rather coyly been advertsing that prices had been reduced thay didnt used to state by how much - that has now changed and they seem to be making a point of highlighting the actual reduction - some of them getting close to 20%. They must be getting desperate.

I wonder when we'll see the first buy one get one free advert.

Just been browsing the local proprty rag and I noticed that where the EAs had recently rather coyly been advertsing that prices had been reduced thay didnt used to state by how much - that has now changed and they seem to be making a point of highlighting the actual reduction - some of them getting close to 20%. They must be getting desperate.

I wonder when we'll see the first buy one get one free advert.

20% of what? Probably some hyped up price that didn't stand a chance at the peak of the market.

20% of what? Probably some hyped up price that didn't stand a chance at the peak of the market.

Good question ---- I am as cynical as you but the point is that they are advertising the price reductions which should add to the generasl impression that prices are falling ( which they are of course ) not pretending that prices are holding.

Guest AuntJess
Good question ---- I am as cynical as you but the point is that they are advertising the price reductions which should add to the generasl impression that prices are falling ( which they are of course ) not pretending that prices are holding.

...Unless they are up to the old S/Market dodge:where they enflate the price temporarily then advertise goods at " half price". S/Ms seem to do this with fruit - like Strawberries.

I am using the Nationwide table, to see when prices reach 2005 or 2004 prices for eg. THAT is when I will know they have really reduced. ;)

Guest Shedfish

thanks to The Bee, i've seen that the advertised reduction is sometimes less than the true one -

e.g. "140k, reduced from 150k",when it's actually been reduced from 160k

tut tut

Should have signs saying:

Rolling back prices

Some EAs have now got the idea and are talking the market down themselfs.This is on local EAs web site.

horton knights.... made a difference.

80% of properties that sold last month had reduced their asking price.

SO REDUCING DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!

Some EAs have now got the idea and are talking the market down themselfs.This is on local EAs web site.

SO REDUCING DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!

Well, it's taken them a while to work out that one :lol:

That has to be a lie, they would have to have sold 5 properties in one month for the maths to add up - pull the other one

That has to be a lie, they would have to have sold 5 properties in one month for the maths to add up - pull the other one

Don't knock it GiveMeTheData. It could be a lie but at least they are trying to talk the market down now. :rolleyes:

Don't knock it GiveMeTheData. It could be a lie but at least they are trying to talk the market down now. :rolleyes:

Well there are going to be some EAs left. Those will be the EAs who convinced people to exchange documents. At the current time that means the EAs who are prepared to fight with the vendor for a price reduction. What is happening with Foxtons by the way?