House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WSG

Taffs Well...hills Estate Agent

Gone...shop empty this am only the sign above the shop left. Been in business about 1year.

Maybe they've changed their business model and are working from home too ;-)

wonder how long Pippen Ford in Tongwynlais can cling on for. Hopefully the bigger ones are feeling it too.

Gone...shop empty this am only the sign above the shop left. Been in business about 1year.

Maybe they've changed their business model and are working from home too ;-)

wonder how long Pippen Ford in Tongwynlais can cling on for. Hopefully the bigger ones are feeling it too.

It was an EA in Taffs Well that I visited last year. Told the 'executive tart' behind the desk I was a cash buyer, took some details, even made a viewing appointment that I later had to cancel. Never heard another thing from them. In our old region (Farnborough/Aldershot), telling an EA you are a cash buyer guarantees you become their new best friend. I'm surprised EAs around here aren't an endangered species.

I'll only get excited when I see the board taken down above MGY in Radyr - that will be sweet and will cause 90% of overpriced properties in Radyr to look for a new home with another agent - at a lower price, hopefully, because nothing else seems to be making people wake up and see reality here.

I'll only get excited when I see the board taken down above MGY in Radyr - that will be sweet and will cause 90% of overpriced properties in Radyr to look for a new home with another agent - at a lower price, hopefully, because nothing else seems to be making people wake up and see reality here.

Funnily enough, that EA was the first one I visited when I arrived in Cardiff in March 2006 and a woman in there told me then that it was a buyers' market. It's amazing how much punishment the people actually selling will take, though, before accepting the truth.

interesting area. one of those that "won't be affected by house price falls".

Across the valley in one of those posh villages near Radyr ex-council 3-bed semis like this were going for £115 in 2001, £175 in 2006 and a hoped-for £275 (recently plumetting to £268) in 2008!

Hills Estate Agent have just dissappeared off Rightmove...and so have Pippen Ford in Tongwynlais!