House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RogerJJ

The House Price Crash Has Finally Finished In Bournmouth

Price are starting to move up again in Bournemouth area, see the following example

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-223...se&tr_t=buy

18th Jul 2008 * Price changed: from '£109,950' to '£112,000'

17th Jul 2008 * Initial entry found.

and

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-222...se&tr_t=buy

15th Jul 2008 * Price changed: from '£330,000' to '£350,000'

14th Jul 2008 * Initial entry found.

and

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-211...=5&tr_t=buy

19th Jul 2008 * Price changed: from '£115,000' to '£137,500'

4th May 2008 * Initial entry found.

The 3rd one is most interesting it is new built all prices increased to £137,500 some from £110,000

Roger

My, my, and here's silly me thinking that the forest of For Sale & To Let signs on Richmond Park Road was evidence of continuing problems! :rolleyes:

Edited by cartimandua51

My, my, and here's silly me thinking that the forest of For Sale & To Let signs on Richmond Park Road was evidence of continuing problems! :rolleyes:

:lol:

By it quickly Cartmandau or you'll miss your opportunity to secure your pension

:lol:

By it quickly Cartmandau or you'll miss your opportunity to secure your pension

How sweet of you to be concerned! :P But I am already drawing a Government inflation-linked final salary pension, so anything else is just icing on the cake. However, I still have the tax-free cash sum tucked away waiting for the bottom of the market. Not Bournemouth flats though - waiting for FTB-type nice little terraced houses with gardens to come down to a price where the returns are 8% net per annum. :rolleyes:

The 3rd one is most interesting it is new built all prices increased to £137,500 some from £110,000

Seller: We put my house up at £110k but I've not even had one viewing! You're meant to help me sell it, what shall we do?

EA: Let's mark it up further and when someone comes in with another stupid offer 33% below asking price, we can accept it!

Seller: Sounds risky, but I'll give it a try. Anything else you can do?

EA: Yep, I'll get my cigar-chomping EA friends in Bournemouth to mark up more houses so it looks like the areas is on the up again. Then we can laugh ourselves silly as the viewings are bound to come in thick and fast. Hell, I'll even log onto HPC and wind those losers up!

"My house is too cheap. Everyone is suspicious as to why its too cheap and subsequently won't view so i'll put the price up. That'll do it"

"Im going have to do block viewngs and an open day as they'll be queing right the through to next week. I'll do the hoovering , you do the polishing"

many months later.......

...."Viewers must be stuck in a que or something"

Price are starting to move up again in Bournemouth area, see the following example

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-223...se&tr_t=buy

18th Jul 2008 * Price changed: from '£109,950' to '£112,000'

17th Jul 2008 * Initial entry found.

and

and

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-211...=5&tr_t=buy

19th Jul 2008 * Price changed: from '£115,000' to '£137,500'

4th May 2008 * Initial entry found.

Roger

Desperate EA tactic isn't it. Mark it up to allow the buyer to offer a bigger % off. I expect some will fall for it.

I'm in B'mouth area and have one of these 'increase the price' idiots in my road. They got no interest at the lower price, and no interest (surprise) at the increased price. In fact, nothing that's For Sale around me has had any interest shown in it for months.

There's an old story about a perfume marketed at £4 a bottle which wouldn't sell, but which flew off the shelves at £15 a bottle. These folks have either heard this tale, or are slowly cracking mentally, while waiting for the punter that will never come.

given that all these have happened 1 day after listing - is there a chance its linked to costs to list the property on (say) rightmove in the first place? If there were bandings (<£120k, £20, <150k £30 and so on) it'd maybe save a few quid to put the property on at a low price for a day then change it to the 'correct' price?

Funny how prices in Bournemouth are rising,

An auction last week had 5 new build flats in Bournemouth (previously achieving in excess of £200K) all with guide prices of £145K.

only one sold despite the auctioneer desperately starting the bidding at £130K

A sure sign things are moving don't you think. :unsure:

Edited by giveusthefacts

There's an old story about a perfume marketed at £4 a bottle which wouldn't sell, but which flew off the shelves at £15 a bottle. These folks have either heard this tale, or are slowly cracking mentally, while waiting for the punter that will never come.

Not actually as mad as it seems! Back in the 90's, the European car manufacturers were trying to crack the USA market!

BMW cut their prices aggressively to gain market share. Mercedes-Benz put theirs up!

Result?

Everyone wanted an MB to show how rich they were!

Daft really, when a home grown model, could be had for under half the price, and had twice the

trim as standard!

If it was imported, it was posh, and the mugs were paying inflated prices!

Won't work with property though!

Roger

Just an update for this property, seen thing has returned to normal in Bournemouth

24th Jul 2008 * Price changed: from '£350,000' to 'Offers in Excess of £300,000'

* Brief Description changed: SPACIOUS JUST REDUCED! SPAC AND SUBSTANTIAL FOUR BEDROOM DETACHED 4 BED DET HOUSE WITH THE BENEFITS OF OFF ROAD PARKING, DETACHED GARAGE, PRIVATE SOUTHERLY STHLY ASPECT REAR GARDEN AND UPVC DOUBLE GLAZED CONSERVATORY. THE PROPERTY IS CONSERVATORY SITUATED IN A SOUGHT AFTER RESIDENTIAL AREA IN A TREE LINED ROAD IN TALBOT PARK. OFFERS OVER £300,000 FOR A QUICK SALE. VENDOR SUITED.

* Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available'

22nd Jul 2008 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

Roger