House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tin Foil Hat

Sold Stc To Under Offer - What Does That Mean?

My regular property bee search has yielded this change of status.

Does it reflact that the EA's know that it aint sold until the fat lady sings and the money changes hands?

Is it encouraging more offers as the sellers have been lowballed and are reluctantly taking a hit?

Interesting!

TFH

Does it reflact that the EA's know that it aint sold until the fat lady sings and the money changes hands?

Is it encouraging more offers as the sellers have been lowballed and are reluctantly taking a hit?

Interesting!

TFH

That is strange. Might have been an admin error by the EA, where the whippersnapper trainee put it as sold when they shouldn'a, might have been that what they thought was a buyer with cash or a complete chain actually isn't.

Have seen some agents on the bee not use under offer and just go from available to Sold and back again, so I guess it is open to interpretation.

As others have said, it could be an admin error.

Alternatively it could be that a buyer who was going through the motions of buying has pulled out, and the EA has gone back to other interested parties to negotiate an alternate offer.

Seems like quite a "normal" (but, I agree, good to see) event in the current climate.

Edited by Bobsta

I've noticed a high profile example of this too.

Large period property the sale of which was the pride of the agent 3 months ago (from the horse's mouth) still on Rightmove and suddenly marked Under Offer rather than SSTC.

...just another admin error?

But there's no difference between the two terms. They both mean somebody has offered to buy it, but that contracts have yet to be exchanged.

Once contracts are exchanged, it is "sold".

Bit of a silly question but what is the difference?

Is under offer when people are negotiating the price? and Sold STC is when they agreed the price?

So it goes:

Under Offer --> Sold STC ---> Under Offer ---> Available --> Reduced ---> Keen to Sell ---> Desperate to Sell ---> Buy me PLEASE!

Could someone please tell me what a 14 day notice in the window means please? It says something like " anyone wishing to gain access to this house, should contact ******. It's usually an estate agents name and number.

Bit of a silly question but what is the difference?

There is no difference. Different agents use a different term - house style. Quite what OP's agent is playing at I do not know...

There's another EA locally also started using the 'under offer' banner instead of SSTC's.

They ain't selling and that's all we need to know.

It'll be back to available soon enough I am sure the way things are!

TFH