House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LiveinHope

Touting For Business

5 years ago I registered with estates agents in my area (South Hams). As I could not chase the market up in a choice second home area the EAs soon lost interest, and so after an initial flurry I got no further mailings. I haven't heard anything in 5 years (happy renter but would like to buy). Over the last three months I have started getting many property listings through the door. I confess that I didn't realise that EAs kept names on file that long ! Most 10% down (no where near enough IMHO, I think this area is at least 50 % overvalued, but most people (home owners) contradict me when I say that).

I wonder if this is a sign that agents are getting desperate ?

This converted garage is a must have (at half the price), especially with its 'feature' entrance through a tunnel and the 'corner kitchen'

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-f...d/LMMS999000154

That kitchen is brilliant. I want one.

Just heard that the 'corner kitchen', agent is closing an office (this is the South Hams, prime real estate). In the local property section this week most houses are now 'Guide' or 'OIRO', this was rarely the case in recent times.

Also, The Mercantile Group have acquired two estate agencies (offices and franchises). Paraphrased, the press release states "with this purchase, we remove the uncertainties that have concerned both staff and clients and we have created a much leaner entity, with a much better business model going forward. We can now empower the staff and let them get on with business" (WMN, Westcountry Homes, 2008, 19th July page 2).

But what business is there ??

http://www.bradleys-openhome.tv/

(One day only, 'cos its cheaper tomorrow)

It's getting quite exciting. Trouble is, what the heck do you offer on a property (& no I don't want a corner kitchen).