House Price Crash Forum
Radge

Treasury Rewrites The Rule Book

The PSBR is rising as receipts fall so Prudence goes oot the windae. Treasury rewriting 40% rule as we speak.

Loss of Stamp Duty receipts cited as one of the causes.

Edited by Radge

Er ... cut spending? :huh:

Now that's funny :lol::lol::lol:

They haven't got a clue. Self-preservation, never mind the country and the future generations that will be paying for this debt - with their souls!

an odd time to break this news - I notice low impact gbp news tomorrow, hmmmm, what's this about...?

9:05am GBP Low Impact Expected

MPC Member Gieve Speaks

[Open Detail]

9:30am GBP Low Impact Expected

M4 Money Supply m/m

[Open Detail]

0.4%

0.4%

9:30am GBP Low Impact Expected

Public Sector Net Borrowing

[Open Detail]

7.5B

I notice the gold spot shot up £300/Kg at 22:17. I wonder why?

Edit: Sorry, it was £200. This is an awfully nice shiraz and thae numbers are affy wee on the graph!

Edited by Radge

The PSBR is rising as receipts fall so Prudence goes oot the windae. Treasury rewriting 40% rule as we speak.

Loss of Stamp Duty receipts cited as one of the causes.

As Krustie said - it's all about Stamp Duty!

Except she wanted to reduce the current thimbleful dribbling into the national kitty!

Putting us even deeper into the s**t!

Oh dear....

Just saw Sky news showing the FT front page. They're going to borrow the way out of the recession.. :o

Just saw Sky news showing the FT front page. They're going to borrow the way out of the recession.. :o

Something no government has ever successfully achieved. But obviously it will work this time.

By the end of this year we'll be lucky if the pound is worth 0.50 Euros. Pitty we won't have much to export as we could have made a bomb.

The value of the British isles has increased threefold over the past decade, meaning we can easily release some equity from it, which is essentially free money. Countries only ever go up in value, there is pent up demand for nation states.

So that was the big plan!

thats why we were in a better place than other countries to withstand a downturn, still drunk on the excesses of cheap debt, Gordons found another credit card and is winging his way down to a weatherspoons as we speak, after all a few more drinks can't hurt.

Same on newsnight now....borrowing is the way forward.

hello...Ocean Finance...it's Gordon here......

It will be interesting to see what sterling is worth in the morning.

Just watching Newsnight about this...

Looks like Stuart Adams his been kicked in the balls, literary! (If you're watching, you would be laughing now).

Edited by Jason

This government is almost a parody of previous failed Labour governments. It would be funny if the consequences were not so serious. Looks like my kids are gonna have the same sort of childhood as me in the 70s. Growing up in a grotty, broken country. I wonder when the lights will start going out in the evenings. Jesus..

... winging his way down to a weatherspoons as we speak, after all a few more drinks can't hurt.

I noted today that brewers' shares have done very well over the last couple of days. Has the market priced in an "Oh feck it, let's go and get pished" for the recession?

This government is almost a parody of previous failed Labour governments. It would be funny if the consequences were not so serious. Looks like my kids are gonna have the same sort of childhood as me in the 70s. Growing up in a grotty, broken country. I wonder when the lights will start going out in the evenings. Jesus..

Good thing I invested in a copy of Scrabble a few weeks ago, just need to get a torch, some string and £400 worth of AAs

borrow more money or print more money. the cowards way out. too weak too pathetic for words!

"Yes, I am a homeowner..."

"How much do you want to borrow?"

"Er... (HOW MUCH ALI?)... £10billion... no make it £20billion, always good to have some money set aside for a rainy day"

"Have you found that scooter, yet?"

thats why we were in a better place than other countries to withstand a downturn, still drunk on the excesses of cheap debt, Gordons found another credit card and is winging his way down to a weatherspoons as we speak, after all a few more drinks can't hurt.

it's a MINT card, but he'll struggle to restore his own clever/stupid balance :D

Time to go up the loft and hunt out the old Mike Yarwood videos!