House Price Crash Forum
Guest xeouialp

Gordon Brown Now

Let me know if anything interesting happens, I'm watching Channel 4

As usual, words are coming out of his mouth but he isn't actually saying anything.

Guest xeouialp
It's making me ill, i'm switching to C4 News

Don't ! It's Ed Balls on C4 now !

Don't ! It's Ed Balls on C4 now !

:o

At least we have Jon Snow's tough questioning, rather than Adrian and that broad asking GB what he had for breakfast or whatever that stupid show is about.

He's back again. Dominic Littlewood asked him a tricky question - he's stuttering...........

He's just said I'M GETTING ON THE WITH THE JOB - f...ing hell

I saw him briefly on it - sometimes tune in for the 'pretty oirish girl' - I can't bare to watch him now.

I've noticed that all Govt spokesmen seem to be coming out with the mantra: "the right thing"... "the right decision".

That's ALL RIGHT then! Too late, I'm afraid.

Guest xeouialp
I've noticed that all Govt spokesmen seem to be coming out with the mantra: "the right thing"... "the right decision".

Yes I'm glad someone else has noticed that. I thought it was one of Yvette Cooper's sickening inventions when I first noticed her saying "it's the right thing to..." about a week ago but since then everybody seems to have taken it up including her husband. I even noticed Nick Clegg doing it earlier on, though somehow he made it sound wishy-washy. This new phrase, "The right thing..." is almost as bad as the ultra-patronising "Look," first touted by John Major in about 1993 but subsequently taken up by Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Jack Straw. Why would anybody vote for anybody who talks to them like that? It's so insulting.

Clearly, the right thing for him to do was to do it right WHEN HE WAS CHANCELLOR, then we'd all have an easy life NOW.

It appears Gordons butler has told him the price of bread is increasing, When was the last time he bought a loaf ?

One Show + Brown = Intellectual black hole

Nothing can escape its event horizon.

I managed to change the channel before crossing the threshold. It was tough, I had to stare at a copy of the Economist to counter the forces of stupidity.

I managed to change the channel before crossing the threshold. It was tough, I had to stare at a copy of the Economist to counter the forces of stupidity.

Two wrongs don't make a right :o

Two wrongs don't make a right :o

I beg to differ, I really like the economist, and have a subscription. I know they get it wrong a lot of the time, but it does provide good coverage of global politics and fairly thoughtful articles on economics.

He stated to the effect "we're trying to bring inflation down, we're trying to lower interest rates".

Someone at the MPC going to get a right beating then until they vote for a cut.

Recklessness beyond belief.

I saw him briefly on it - sometimes tune in for the 'pretty oirish girl' - I can't bare to watch him now.

Repeated use of the phrase "The right thing" has been going on for a few months now.... I've been rather inclined to have a bottle of spirits and a shot glass when I watch Newsnight, to make it some sort of drinking game, but fear one bottle wouldn't be enough !

Repeated use of the phrase "The right thing" has been going on for a few months now.... I've been rather inclined to have a bottle of spirits and a shot glass when I watch Newsnight, to make it some sort of drinking game, but fear one bottle wouldn't be enough !

Get a case of beer and drink two fingers worth every time they say 'the right thing' or 'getting on with the job'. It should just about be enough.