House Price Crash Forum
IwearShorts

I Thought This Wasn't Allowed Anymore

For sale and to let at the same time is a big trend right now. They can't sell for their silly asking price, so they think they can rent and the whole thing will blow over in a few months. Morons!

I though you could only have one sign per house?

You can have a single sign for each flat on each flat (usually in the window).

Or you can have a single sign in the grounds of the block.

Having said that, I quite like them. Very bearish!

edit:

3A.

An advertisement relating to the sale or letting, for residential, agricultural,

industrial or commercial use or for development for such use, of the land or

premises on which it is displayed.

Conditions and 3A.

—(1) Not more than one advertisement, consisting of a single board or two joined boards,

is permitted; and where more than one advertisement is displayed,

the first to be displayed shall be taken to be the one permitted.

Edited by Timm

I like the apparent process of darwinian evolution that seems to be producing gradually taller and taller estate agent signs.

There is a limit though:

(8) No part of the advertisement may be higher above ground level than

4.6 metres, or 3.6 metres in an area of special control or, in the case of a sale or

letting of part only of a building, the lowest level of that part of the building on

which display is reasonably practicable.

i've seen the complete opposite of this on a block of new build flats.

boxall brown & jones literally have their board on each side of the building (2 street facing sides) and that is it. they were completed ages ago and walking past it is plainly obvious loads of them are empty, but no for sale signs everywhere. not even a too let.

seems a strange tactic too denying a crash- like they are saying no these are all fine and paid up, but we'll leave our sign on anyway.

I like the tall one. Perhaps the other agents will raise their signs so theydon't get overshadowed, then eventually they'll all be 15ft in the air.

Since these are on the pavement, can't the council take them away?

Did people not used to put a price on the signs outside houses? Am I remembering correctly. Or did the crazy boom mean you would have to keep making new signs to keep up with the prices?

Most local councils will insist that (if its a flat) the number of the flat is put on the board.

Agents are notorious for sticking signs up on or around properties that are nothing to do with them.

I like the apparent process of darwinian evolution that seems to be producing gradually taller and taller estate agent signs.

:):):)

Do you think they can reproduce?

:ph34r:

Most local councils will insist that (if its a flat) the number of the flat is put on the board.

Agents are notorious for sticking signs up on or around properties that are nothing to do with them.

our caretaker cuts them down.

At first I phoned the first estate agent and put in an offer of £500, but then after a while thought better of it and phoned the other one, which one I can't remember and offered £412.20 pence. All of a sudden I was bombarded by mysterious calls from snotty sounding estate agents left right and centre telling me the house was actually for sale and anyway the rental price was not negotiable, or something along those lines. I just laughed, stating my new offers of £450, $120bn Zimbabwean dollars and a sub-letting pyramid scheme whereby all of the sub-letters could pay a different agent each so that everyone was happy.

Anyway, the estate agent, explaining that the seller, having a split personality disorder, had gazundered herself silly whilst all along I was gazumping myself into a frenzy. Anyway, it turns out it was all a mistake and the signs were all supposed to be put up for the house next door. Anyway, in the confusion I got my signiture on the title deeds for my rental deposit so I'm happy, and am now eyeing up next door as well! Happy days.

Yes I've had this happen to me a couple of times. We were renting a house and had been there for years and all of a sudden a for sale sign appears outside. We called the landlord who confirmed it was nothing to do with him so we took it down. Then a few months later the same company put up another one so we took that down too.

If I'd had a car at time I would have driven around to the EA and chucked it into their office. :angry:

Edited by dazed&confused

Tall poppy syndrome? The tall sign has been removed (can still see the remains in the background) to be replaced by yet another estate agents sign :ph34r: thta's four different agents now!

2704204388_7af7f8e209.jpg