House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hedgefunded

Is The Crash Still On Then?

The demand for lux city flats is unprecedented thxs to the new govt. regs

EDIT:- spelin'..again

Edited by Laura

The ones I feel most for are all those that believed the likes of the Daily Express when on a monthly

basis last year they kept printing front page headlines 'house prices up' 'house prices won't crash'

'house prices to double'. All those poor souls that listened to them and bought last year on their

advice are now more than likely in negative equity as most mortgages in '07 were 95%, 100% and

125%. They're all now in negative equity as house prices have fallen £20,000 in 10 months with

more falls to come. Not only this, they are looking at higher mortgage rates too.

Things seem a bit bullish lately, just wondering if we are still at crash speed.

That's all.

(edited for mistake)

Really getting going in Scotland at last. More and more for sale signs, plus job losses comming at the big banks,

5 million people of working age not employed, and thousands added to the total everyweek. Oh yeah this crash has definetly gone away.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

It's the doubling rents I'm finding hard to bear.

I'm thinking of investing in Paragone.

The ones I feel most for are all those that believed the likes of the Daily Express when on a monthly

basis last year they kept printing front page headlines 'house prices up' 'house prices won't crash'

'house prices to double'. All those poor souls that listened to them and bought last year on their

advice are now more than likely in negative equity as most mortgages in '07 were 95%, 100% and

125%. They're all now in negative equity as house prices have fallen £20,000 in 10 months with

more falls to come. Not only this, they are looking at higher mortgage rates too.

There is a case that anyone who believed the Daily Express should be made to live with the consequences, as a warning to the rest of us.

oil falling in price, stock markets going up again, IMF reporting better growth - depressing reading really, i was hoping for a full on crash to bring things back in line to earnings and restore some fairness to socitey. It seems the governements of the world just will not let banks fail and will prop them up no matter how much they lose.

Things seem a bit bullish lately, just wondering if we are still at crash speed.

That's all.

(edited for mistake)

Here we have a prime example of the "instant gratification generation" and what helped get us into this mess to start with,

Give it a B loody chance.. :angry:

Doesnt feel like a crash to me just yet. Another member reported a few on his watch list being sold.

I just looked at rightmove and my property bee is not reporting anything that was previously there about a month ago to notice any drops.

We still have what looks flipped to me as an example:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-192...=2&tr_t=buy

At 7% over 25 years the repayment would be £1694.75 I can rent that for half that.

I am an uberbear(due to the economy and the repayment ridiculousness) at the moment but I cant see any real crash signs in and around Brighton.

Here we have a prime example of the "instant gratification generation" and what helped get us into this mess to start with,

Give it a B loody chance.. :angry:

Be as angry as you like but I've seen too many false dawns. I'll also ask you not to assume what generation I'm from.

Thankyou.

Be as angry as you like but I've seen too many false dawns. I'll also ask you not to assume what generation I'm from.

Thankyou.

Have a little listen to the 'UK Property Podcast' MP3 that has appeared on this site's homepage (left hand side - little green bar). Very interesting bearish discussion. Not sure when it first appeared but I'm pretty certain it is recent. Have a listen and I will check back in an hour to see how you feel...

HPC Poster

Group: New Members

Member No.: 14,796

Bull or Bear? Neither

QUOTE (time 2 raise interest rates @ Jul 17 2008, 04:33 PM) *

===========================================================================

There is a case that anyone who believed the Daily Express should be made to live with the consequences, as a warning to the rest of us.

==========================================================================

There is also a case that if something is reported endlessly in a national newspaper, the reader can reasonably assume it to have a degree of truth in it, if he /she is naive enough. So, then, a class action by Express readers against a publication wilfully disseminating untruths to the considerable detriment of said readers.

I am an uberbear(due to the economy and the repayment ridiculousness) at the moment but I cant see any real crash signs in and around Brighton.

Take a look around the back of Brighton Station. That is all you need to see to understand what is happening in Brighton.

I moved out of my house 3 months ago in Preston Circus and it is still up for rent to this day...no takers.

A house I have been watching that has been built by the side of two other "Townhouses" has been up for sale since it was finished in September 2007. Down from £380k (Ridiculous given its location) now standing at £299k. It will remain unsold I believe until it gets way below the magic £250k.

Brighton is almost entirely built on BTL. It is in my opinion the UK's HPC "Ground Zero". I think we are months away from a sudden major shift. I understand that Carluccios in the North Laines is struggling, possible closure is on the cards, I was a bit shocked but think it is a good indicator of where we are. Can you imagine that massive corner plot boarded up...what will that do to the area?

The Squatters are waiting in the wings to party like its 1995.

I have to ask, is that the several thousand building jobs lost, the thousand announced today at HBOS, the record inflation or plummeting house prices that you are thinking off?

the "unemployment market" is bullish. :(

Unemployment up 12,000 in one month due to house prices crashing £20,000 in ten months hampering

peoples' ability to remartgage and spend it on cheap tat, unfortunately most of the 12,000 that are

home owners will probably end up getting their house repossessed this will take about six months or

so to take affect depending on the amount of savings they have. This will lead to house prices becoming

even more depressed, accelerating price falls later in the year. Good news if you're waiting to buy

devastating if you bought at the top in Aug 2007.

Edited by time 2 raise interest rates